Sunday, March 10, 2019

Camp NaNoWriMo April planning

+
+JMJ+

Judging by my writing and blogging success lately, I'm probably not being very intelligent to take on the full 50,000 words for the April camp. But I'm going to do it. :D Or try anyway.

Anyway, this is the plan

(Hastily constructed cover, better one coming soon, hopefully)
Prince Charming Diaries vol. 2: Third World

Which means I should finish all seven of the diaries plus the bonus one, next month. Whoa! Do you think this is possible. Especially considering I was planning on finishing Xander's diary back in January. :O

Synopsis: The sequel to "Prince Charming Diaries" https://www.amazon.com/Prince-Charming-Diaries-Emily-Howard/dp/1984512420

The Prince Charming brothers of the Third World pick up where the Prince Charming brothers of Royaume left off. Zeno battles Bluebeard, Yaron attempts to force the flying trunk to take him home, Xander makes seven strange friends and captains a flying ship, Waylan is forced to protect Red Riding Hood from the Wolf Clan, Varek steals a magic lamp from a magician, Uli attempts to marry his older sister off by claiming she can spin straw into gold, and Terek must break the Snow Queen's magic hold over himself.
Retellings of Bluebeard, the Flying Trunk, The Fool of the World and the Flying Ship, Red Riding Hood, Aladdin and the Magic Lamp, Rumpstiltskin, and The Snow Queen.
Also contains a bonus story about the twins, Fiona and Ester, known as Rose and Snow.



Excerpt: Ninth Day of the Gray Time
The annoying thing about Sharp, was that he was always right. But he said everything in such a way that no one wanted to listen to him. Needless to say I never ordered the sails lowered a smidge. When steering upwards, great gusts of wind came down from the mountains and drove us back. Deadeye, Hunger, Parch and Swiftfoot, attempted to row but the wind was to strong. They blamed Sharp since he refused to help. He simply leaned against the mast and yawned. No one wanted to give into him and take the sails down. Our silly pride forced us to waste an entire day. Sharp finally took pity on our stupidity and cut the sails down. The beautiful sails crashed to the deck and the Sea Princess shot over the mountain with lightening speed. But because it was night, we were forced to toss anchor, on the very peek of the mountain. It was freezing up there. I had never seen snow before, but I saw it then.
“What are you staring at?” Deadeye asked, as I stared at the blanket of white, glistening in the setting sun.
“That beautiful cold white glittering-” I began.
“It is snow!” Sharp said dryly, “Nothing more or less.”
“I grew up in a desert.” I snapped, “I do not know what weather is, let alone snow.” 
“Never seen snow?” Sharp asked seriously, “Then what seasons do you have instead of the Icy Season and Frosterdays?”
“No we have those.” I said quickly, “But it is still quite warm.”
“Then why do you call it Icy Season and Frosterdays?” Deadeye asked, “That sounds quite stupid to me.”
“Don't ask me.” I protested, “I never made the calender.”
“Hello up there.” a new voice called from the ground. Glad of an escape, I rushed to peer over the edge. A young boy in a leather jerkin, carrying a bundle of gleaming straw was standing waist deep in snow, watching us. 
“Get him aboard!” I yelled, my teeth started chattering, “Before the cold kills him.”
“I like the cold.” the boy said, “It never bothered me anyway.”
“Yes, but it bothers me.” I replied, “Far to cold. Give me a warm desert any day.”
“Do you see this straw on my back.” the boy said quietly, “Why, when I scatter it about, the warmest place, the warmest day will turn to ice. Everything will freeze and snow will fall.”
“That will be quite useful.” Sharp said, as he joined me at the rail, “Come aboard small child.”
“The name is Bale.” the boy said.
“Like straw bale.” Deadeye whispered.
“Hold you tongue, impudent boy!” Sharp told him coldly.
“Alright, come aboard.” I told Bale, “But do not scatter that bale of straw, anywhere in my presence. I think I do not like the cold.” Swiftfoot tossed a rope overboard. Bale grabbed it, and Parch hauled him aboard.
“Thank you.” Bale said, as he stepped onto the deck and looked around himself, with something like awe on his face.
“Welcome to my company, Bale.” I said, “I am Boots. Fatso is called Hunger. Baldy is called Parch. One leg is called Swiftfoot. Masked fool is called Deadeye. And white hair is called Sharp.”
“And we are going to find a princess.” Deadeye said, while pointing at me, “He wants to wed one. A sour faced someone called Anastasia.”
TRUE LUUUUUUUUUVE!” the others all chorused. I glared at them. What a rotten bunch of comrades.

Signing off with Chills and Irritation,
Me

~Excerpt from Part 3, Diary of a Sailor Prince


Collages from the completed diaries
 Diary of an Heroic Prince
"Bluebeard"

 Diary of a Flying Prince
"Flying Trunk"

Diary of a Sailor Prince
"The Fool of the Worlds and the Flying Ship" or something like that.

Connections with the other "Prince Charming Diaries."
Master Won is from the Third World, and none other then the brother of the Queen of Glittering Island. The Princes' Mother. He may make an appearance in one of the diaries.

In Jerome's Diary it was eluded that Ebony had a sister called Snow White. She may possibly be the Snow Queen from Terek's diary.

Xander's friend Deadeye is Prince Mitchel from the "Prince Charming Diaries vol. 4" (Yes, I planned 3 and 4 out already, even though I'm not done with 2) :D

There may be even more connections later, but these are the only ones so far.

Diaries
Diary of an Heroic Prince

Diary of a Flying Prince

Diary of a Sailor Prince

Diary of a Hunter Prince

Diary of a Thief Prince

Diary of a Spinner Prince

Diary of a Kidnapped Prince

Bonus story 
The Diary of Two Sisters

Now if I succeed with this plan, then I definitely will be publishing this by summer.

God Bless you All

4 comments:

  1. YAY! That would be awesome if you published it!

    And good luck with Camp NaNo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicole. I need the luck, so thanks again. :D

      Delete
  2. This sounds so interesting. :D I love fairy-tale retellings
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear it. I love fairy tale retellings too. :D

      Delete