Thursday, February 8, 2018

Character of the week

This week's character is one that I think everyone is familiar with by now.

Jadan

Jadan is the oldest of the Prince Charming brothers.

Name: Jadan
Hair Color: Strawberry blonde
Eye Color: Dark blue
Age in the first book: 20
Age in the Last Book: 24
Books: "The Frog Prince's Diary," "The Diary of a NOT so Charming Prince," "Prince Charming's Diary," "The Diary of an Uncharming Prince," "The Logbook of a Prince," "The Diary of a Princess Bride."
Genre: Fairy Tale retelling
Favorite Color: Green
Skills: Sword fighting and planning
Personality: ESTJ
Status in story: Hero and brother of the hero
Siblings: Justin, James, Joseph, John, Jerome and Elise
Parents: King and Queen of a small kingdom on King's Retreat
First book he was ever in: "A Prince Charming Diary."
First time he is mentioned
 Actually, it is my fault! I admit that I was rude to the fairy and she punished me accordingly. I probably am not a very pleasant person either. My brothers would all have been much better at fixing this mess. Actually, I doubt they would have gotten into it in the first place. Well maybe Joseph would have. Jerome too. Jadan might depending on the situation. Wait- what on Royaume am I writing about? 
~The Beast's Diary

First Time he actually appears
Well, I went walking in the garden to enjoy the cool afternoon air, when I saw Elise's fairy godmother. Now everyone knows that if you catch a fairy, you will be granted three wishes. So I sneaked up on her and grabbed her by the wings.
“Unhand me prince Jaden!” she scolded. She must have took me for a fool.
“First grant me three wishes!” I ordered.

“You greedy, selfish, bossy young man!” she snarled,
~The Frog Prince's Diary


Jadan is a bit selfish, but unlike James he learns by watching his future wife. He is not impressed with her selfish manners and decides that he could be a better person too.

Can anyone even tell that I drew these two drawings from the same reference picture?

~E

2 comments:

  1. That's a great pencil drawing!
    -Anna
    starlitsea.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anna. I took my time on it, unlike the other one. :D

      Delete