Sunday, February 25, 2018

Literary Dinner Tag, cause I like these things

+JMJ+

Literary Dinner Tag:


I stole this tag from Catherine @ The Rebelling Muse (You can view her post Here). 


I guess there are no rules attached to this tag. YAY!

Here are my answers

1. One character who can cook/likes to cook.

Desperately tries to think of another character besides Sam Gamgee that likes to cook. I don't want to copy you Catherine. :D

Okay I thought of one, but then I went to look up book characters who like to cook, because I wasn't sure if she did like cooking. Sure enough I found her on a list.

Ma "Caroline" Ingalls from The Little House Books


Ma is always cooking tasty sounding food for her family in the Little House books. Although, if I am remembering correctly it was "Farmer Boy" that had the most food in it. That is the one book without Ma in it. :D But she could bring Mary and Laura to help her cook. Almanzo isn't invited. He eats to much. :D


2. One character who has money to fund the party.
My first thought was Smaug, but he is far too nasty and would probably burn all my guests to a crisp and eat them.

So I'm going with
Ebeneezer Scrooge from The Christmas Carol



It might take three or four ghosts to cough the price of the dinner out of him though. :D Who knows, he might bring Tiny Tim along. That would be nice.


3. One character who might cause a scene.

Eustace Clarence Scrub from The Chronicles of Narnia 

Be careful to lock the pantry and not invite Reepicheep. Those two took a long time to get along. But perhaps there is hope. Also, be sure to not threaten him with a knife. He might squeal like a girl.


(Yeah, I know the movie doesn't follow the book a bit)

I think it would be interesting to have a conversation with Eustace. I always got his character when taking the who am I in Narnia quiz. Plus I want to get another look at his journal.

4. One character who is funny/amusing.


Halt O'Carrick from The Ranger's Apprentice

He has a pretty sarcastic humor. I would totally eavesdrop on his conversation with Scrooge and laugh at him. I like his sarcasm. But then on the other hand he might be a bad influence on Eustace. :D

5. One character who is super social/popular. 

Emma Woodhouse from Emma


I do not believe she would get on well with Scrooge or Halt. She would be trying to match them up with some eligible widows. Halt will probably fail to mention Lady Pauline.


6. One villian.

Who invites a villain to a dinner party. They would all probably ruin my dinner. :(

I don't know any decent villains, so I'll go with one of mine.

General John Dalston from The Adventures of a Pirate.
(General Dalston is the one in the hat)

He has good manners with everyone except Pirates, then he is just maybe, a little bit too crazy. He won't get on with anyone else at the party though. All of them, except Ma and Emma are lacking in social manners. :D


7. One couple – doesn’t have to be romantic. 

Eowyn and Faramir from The Return of the King


My favorite LOTR couple. I know a lot of people really dislike Faramir in the movie because of reasons, but I liked him. I'm not a book purist most of the time. Besides he never came across as making it seem like he wanted the ring for himself. Rant done!

8. One hero/heroine.

Charlie West from The Homelanders



This out to make the meal interesting, especially if the Homelanders trace him too the dinner party. Halt would enjoy fighting them. Not to mention I think he might even be a good influence on Eustace. But Emma might try matchmaking again. She probably would like to hook him up with Harriet who is most certainly not invited it.

Besides I want to hear what he did after he got home, if his life ever became normal, or if he had to go on any more secret missions.

9. One underappreciated character.


Sam Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings.

I think everyone can totally understand this. Sam is really underappreciated. The Quest would have completely failed without him. Frodo was mean to him in the movies. Especially when he tried to send him home. Yet, no one tends to think much of him.



10. One character of your own choosing.

Hmmm... this is difficult. I have so many characters I could invite.

I think I'm going with my own character.

Johnathon Alvarez Smith Dulzer/Mr. Smith/The Mask

From Thunder in the Academy.

He would probably start a war with Halt. But it always pays to have a good butler on hand. But I better make sure Ma makes plenty of waffles. Johnathon does like his waffles.

I guess I finally completed this tag.

~E

4 comments:

  1. Good post Eowyn! I think I might crash the dinner party, if only to see if everyone makes it out alive ;) I personally believe that war would break out from Emma's matchmaking attempts. It would be too much for everyone's sanity!

    -Lizzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz. Of course you get a free invitation. You could keep Emma distracted. She would start some serious problem. But this would be one dinner I would find interesting. :D

      Delete
  2. I dearly loved this tag, Eowyn! Your choice of guests was spot on :).

    I have no idea why we had to have a villian either. Rather disconcerting company if you ask me, LOL.

    Catherine
    catherinesrebellingmuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course it was all inspired by your blog. :D

      Some villains have better social manners then some heroes, unfortunately. :D But who wants to invite villains?

      Delete