Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Prince Charming Diaries vol 3 DOTP, Part 4

+
+JMJ+

Diary of a Thundering Prince
Part 4

Hatchling, 5, Year of the Blue Moon

Greetings Book,
When you are being hunted by the most powerful forces on Sea World you spend most of your time crawling in and out of holes. Metis, Jupiter and I started for the Titan Fortress five days ago, then spent most of our time hiding. The star people were pursing us before we had gone half a mile. Metis is very unhappy because it would have been so much simpler to travel underwater. But I had no fish cloak and water is deadly to Minotaurs. The poor Nyad was very frustrated with us. Well, with me anyway. Jupiter could defeat anything in his path, except maybe another minotaur. Luckily none of those were pursuing us. But he could hardly defend Metis and me as well as himself.

One morning I woke up and stared about me in amazement. I had never been in a place where I could not see water. Even in the city there was stone troughs made so the water could run through it. But now I was surrounded by grass and trees. There was not any water.
“Oh the price I must pay for the future of my world.” Metis sobbed. Her skin was drying up and cracking. I hastily dumped my water skin on her head.
“We have to get you to the water.” I shouted.
“More.” she sighed. I snatched up her water skin, but it was already empty. I reached for the third one.
“Touch it and I will bite your head off!” Jupiter growled.
“But if she does not get wet, she will die.” I protested angrily. 
“So a few hours in the sun will not do any permanent damage.” Jupiter said unfeelingly.
“I thought you owed her a favor?” I yelled. 
“Not any more.” Jupiter rumbled, looking smug, “I have paid that debt by keeping you alive.”
“Give her the water!” I shouted, and grasped at the strap. The minotaur grasped the other end of the skin and we both pulled.
“Let go you oversized baby!” Jupiter snarled.
“Let go you bully!” I retorted. I expected him to yank it out of my hand with one tug. To my surprise when I gave it a yank I nearly pulled him over. He had to use both paws to gain back the ground I had gained. We were pretty evenly matched for strength. I am not sure who was more surprised, him or me.

How long this little tug-a-war would have gone on, I do not know, but suddenly a silver arrow hit the skin dead center. I gasped as the water leaked away. Then we both turned. Yellow armored people were rising out of the tall grass and creeping out of the trees. Over their armor they were wearing animal skins. Each warrior had a three foot long curved blade attached to their side and a massive bow in their hands. Quivers full of little iron arrows were strapped to their left legs.
“Rrrarg!” Jupiter bellowed and crouched. The fur on his arms and neck were bristling. 
“What he said. Raw.” I said lamely, and drew my short knife.

“Drop your weapons before I plug you full of darts!” a feminine voice shrilled, I dropped my knife, “Very good, now put your hands above your head!” Snarling, Jupiter put his paws over his head too.
“Once I work off my debt, human rat, I will turn you into crushed chalk cakes!” he roared. I grimaced. It was rather disconcerting to know that the Star Father and the Minotaur wanted my blood, not to mention everyone else was mad at me.

“So how dare you enter my domain!” the female warrior snapped as she approached us, followed by three other warriors. Two of them towered above her, the third was slightly smaller. All of them had their faces covered.
“If you want to kill me, get in line!” I said. The warriors stopped.
“Argus, did you hear that?” the female laughed.
“Yes, my princess.” the tallest warrior said. The warrior princess whipped an arrow out of her quiver, set it to her string and poked it in my face in the blink of an eye. I gulped.
“Tell your lady friend to get up real slowly.” the princess hissed.
“She-”
“Do as you are told pansy boy!” 
“But-”
“Shut up!” 

“Get that arrow out of his face, Titan!” Jupiter snarled, “If you would listen to him, you would find out that the lady is ill!” Apparently, he was the only one allowed to threaten me.
“I doubt it.” the princess said, she jerked her head at Metis, “Argus take a look at her.” the huge Titan lumbered over to my foster mother. I stiffened. If he touched her, I would jump on him and be so plugged full of arrows I would be dead before I even felt the contact.
“And what is a Nyad doing in the hill country?” Argus rumbled. The princess lowered her bow.
“A Nyad, up here?” she gasped, “What is this suicide?” she raised her bow again and pointed it at me, she was so close that the tip brushed against my forehead, “Or is it murder?” I leaned backwards. The princess leaned closer. I toppled over backwards and hit the ground.

“Princess Hera.” Metis gasped weekly, as Argus helped her stand up, the princess turned away from me, I sat up cautiously.
“Metis, the halfling?” she cried, “What brings you here?”
“We came to find your father.” my foster mother whispered. Hera stiffened.
“He is dead!” she said coldly, “He was murdered two nights ago.”
“I knew it!” Jupiter rumbled, he started to lower his paws then glared at the princess, “Can I put my arms down?”
“What do you mean, you knew it?” Hera demanded, ignoring the question.
“Cronus, curse him, must have a spy in the rebel vaults.” Jupiter growled, as he lowered his arms, “I would suspect Blondie here,” he glared at me, “Except he grew up under a rock and is nothing more or less then a-” I got to my feet, my face as red as fire, I cocked my fists and started after the Minotaur. Metis broke away from Argus and flung herself on me.
“Not, Zeus, stop!” she cried.

“Zeus?” Hera gasped, “Kill him!” I gaped, then the Titans surrounded. I found myself staring at a wall of arrows. 
“Why?” Metis screamed as she tried to rush at Hera, but she was to weak, so I had to hold her up.
“The Oracle told me yesterday that my father died because of Zeus.” Hera screamed, “I do not know who you are or why you are in the company of a Nyad and Minotaur, all I know is in some way you instigated the death of my King, for that you die!” She drew the arrow back on her bow.
“Stop!” Metis screamed, “If you kill Zeus it is what the murderer would want. The Oracle told you the truth. Cronus must have discovered where we were going and sent someone to murder your father.” Hera lowered her bow. She glared at me. I did not move.
“You have Titan blood in your veins, Metis.” she said coldly, but her eyes were on me, “You would not lie. The boy will live for now, but that does not mean that his life is safe. He owes me a great debt, I expect it to be repaid. But one misconduct and-” she pinched her lips together and ran one finger along her neck. I forced myself not to shiver.

Hera turned towards the other Titans and signaled them to lower their weapons. I thought they did so with great reluctance. I would have to take great care. These people seemed to want to spill all of my blood. I shuddered.
“We move North.” Hera screamed, “Make for the Fortress.” Suddenly we were being shoved off the road and into the thickest part of the trees.

Farewell for now,
Zeus

Hatchling, 6, Year of the Blue Moon

Greetings Book,
I awoke to find Jupiter and Metis bending over me with torches. I was in some kind of stone vault. The bed I was lying on was also made of stone. The only thing between me and rock was a thin blanket. It was painful. I sat up.
“Where are we?” I asked.
“In the Titan's fortress.” Metis said, “You fell asleep two hours before we arrived. Jupiter carried you.” I blushed wretchedly. I truly was every inch the baby the minotaur had accused me being. Well, at least I did not have to face Hera again.

“Get up and wash your face, Zeus.” Metis said after a pause, “Princess Hera has called us to council.” Well so much for my hopes. I got up rather bitterly. The only positive thing I saw was that my foster mother was no longer dehydrated. I sighed then yelped as Jupiter dumped a bucket of ice cold water on me. I looked at him reproachfully as Metis handed me a rough towel.

A few minutes later, in a dry animal skin tunic, I found myself in the council chamber. It was a rough stone cavern with a silver sparkling stone in the center. On the stone was a carved wooden chair. A young woman was seated on it, wearing an iron breastplate and a short yellow tunic. Her long dark hair was spilling about her shoulders. She wore no jewelry, but a naked sword rested on her crossed knees. Around the foot of the stone was a ring of stools. Men in yellow leather kilts, shoulder pads and crossed straps were seated on the stoles. There were a few women too, they were dressed like the woman on the high throne.

“So,” the woman on the throne said, “You found the lazy one.” I recognized her voice, it was Hera. I swore under my breath. Why did I ever leave the island. I used to be happy. But since I had left, I had done nothing but embarrass myself. I slouched. Stools were provided for us. I sat down somewhat sulkily.
“Metis has shared an interesting tale with us.” one of the men said, I recognized his voice as belonging to the Titan called Argus. 
“So if Delphi warned Cronus against Zeus that should make him our ally, right?” Hera cried, “But Delphi also warned me.”
“And why would I be a threat to anyone?” I asked angrily, “I never hurt anyone in my life.”
“Did you see the way those spears turned away, when they struck you?” Jupiter boomed, “And remember only you could see Delphi, nobody else has ever been able to see her.”
“Yes, but Hera saw her.” I pointed out.
“That is Princess Hera to you!” the girl snapped as she glared down at me, “And I never saw her, she spoke from nothing and introduced herself. That how Oracles usually work, idiot!”

“Anyway, Delphi wants me dead.” I muttered, deciding to change the subject. The Titans stared at me. Hera frowned.
“Why do you say that?” she asked, “How could you accuse her of such a thing?”
“I can prove two instances for certain and I am suspicious of a third.” I said sullenly.
“Tell us.” Metis said grimly.
“First she allowed me to see her and jump in front of spears.” I said, “Secondly, she told Hera that I was responsible for her father's death. I am willing to bet she also told Cronus I was going to see the Titan King, so the Star People assassinated him to stop me from speaking to him.”

“This is all ridiculous!” Hera cried, “You are merely an idiot that got caught in the pathway of the great Oracle.” I did not reply, but I was not convinced. I was still pretty sure that Delphi wanted my blood. Hera rolled my eyes. I flushed. I felt like a silly little boy caught stealling cakes. The princess turned her contemptuous eyes away from me.

“Not to change the subject,” Argus rumbled, “But are we not hear to discuss the sword known as the Thunderer?” I looked at him quickly. 
“So take the blamed sword and use it!” Jupiter snarled, “I have been counciling the rebels the same advice for centuries.” My jaw dropped. I had not realized my companion was so old.
“What, pansy boy?” Hera cried mockingly, “It is common knowledge that Minotaurs live for at least three centuries.” I shut my mouth and stared at the floor again. Was the princess delibertly trying to make me seem like a fool? Oh if only the floor would open up and swollow me.

“Jupiter!” Metis snapped, “You know that the Thunderer turns all those foolish enough to touch it into dust!”
“I know, but one day it will not!” the Minotaur growled. 
“Meantime you kill off your entire army.” Hera said, “By the time someone fails to turn to dust, we will be to weak to get the hero and sword close enough to the cursed Cronus.” I looked up.
“So why not wait?” I asked. Hera glared at me, I refused to meet her gaze.
“Wait for what?” one of the Titans muttered, “Until the Star People have taken and enslaved all of our women and children?”
“Until the Star Fathers have destroyed and sucked out world dry?” someone else asked.
“Hush up little boy and let the grownups deal with the situation.” Hera said mockingly. I clenched my fists and gritted my teeth. So I would keep my ideas to myself.

Metis stood up and started pacing back and forth. I dropped my gaze to my hands which were neatly folded on my lap. Suddenly Metis laid one hand on my shoulder.
“Wait for what?” she asked.
“Seriously, Metis?” Hera screeched, “You do not plan on asking his lousy advice? He should hardly be in one of our councils!” I stood up and bowed angrily.
“Well, if that is what you think, I shall be off.” I retorted. Metis shoved me down again.
“Answer my question.” she snapped, “You are talking to me, not Hera.” I heard the princess give an outraged unladylike snort.
“So the prophecy states only the First Born can weild the Thunderer, well, so we wait twenty years for one to come along.” I said grimly, “But not in idleness. Can't we weaken the Star People in other ways. Surely they are dependent on the Sea World for some of their needs. Can we not stop the taxsharers, the food wagons, the prison collectors? In twenty years they may be much weaker then they were today.”

“Good boy.” Metis cried, she shot Hera a smug look, “If Zeus is so dumb and you are so clever, why did you not come up with that little plan?” she jeered. I felt even worse. Now I was just a toy for the verbal sparring match of the two women.
“If the Sea People will watch the Waters, the Titans will watch the mountains.” Hera said coldly, “And both of us will watch the Land.” Loud cheers broke out among the Titans. I wondered how a common foe could be so dislikeable that known enemies would unite to get rid of him.
“And I personally shall watch Hades.” Metis said smugly, “I will know when he sires a child.”
“Speaking if clever people, why did you not think of that little plan years ago?” Hera snarled.
“Maybe I did!” Metis snapped. I stood up and walked out of the council chamber, ignoring the outraged yells of the insulted Titans.

Farewell for now,
Zeus

Hatchling, 7, Year of the Blue Moon

Greetings Book,
I was awakened out of sound sleep by Jupiter dragging me out of my stone bed. I let out a yell, which echoed strangely. 
“Shush idiot!” the Minotaur growled and waved a torch in my face. I shut up. “But this one!” Jupiter flung some itchy and heavy in my face. It was a dark blue woolen robe with a hood. As I pulled it over my shift, I wondered what was going on. I became aware of a strange tremor in the debts of world.
“What is going on?” I whispered.
“Cronus has attacked the mountain.” Jupiter muttered. My eyes bulged. Had I heard right?

The minotaur grasped my arm and dragged me into the corridor. It was deserted. Everything was strangely silent, except for the faintest echoes of a rythmac booming deep below my feet. Jupiter set off in a trot, his iron boots sound terribly loud on the stone floors. I had to run to keep up with him. We went through many twisting passages until we reached a ladder. My companion climbed up and pushed a trapdoor open. I followed more reluctantly. I was becoming suspicious. How had Cronus attacked the mountain? Where was everyone else? Jupiter disappeared through the hole. I scrambled after him. I found myself in the open air. It was still dark out and a million stars were twinkling overhead.  Suddenly there was a flash and a seering star shaped light appeared out of no where and struck the mountain. The ground trembled. I nearly toppled over. 

“There is a traitor amongst the cursed Titans!” Jupiter snarled softly, “There was no reason for Cronus to attack the Star People unless he knew our plans from yesterday.”
“Delphi probably told him.” I sighed.
“Watch your speech pansy boy!” Jupiter hissed, “The Oracles do not take sides. Nor do they betray people.” I smiled evenly, completely unconvinced. Instead, I got to my feet and leaped down the mountainside, caught a branch, of a tree going below and swung into the branches. Then I leaned far out over the rolling slope. It was growing brighter on the Southern end of the island. Suddenly, Jupiter yanked me off the branch. Not a minute to soon, the tree burst into flames.

In our efforts to get out of the way, we misstepped and tumbled down the slope. I went head over heals and rolled over rocks and through brambles. The robe could not cusion the pain much, but it would have been worse if I had only been wearing a tunic. I scraped my face on a rock as I slid ungracefully past. I tasted both blood and dirt. Every effort to halt my terrible decent only pulled more of the mountain down with me. Star Explosives struck the ground about me, showering me with burning sparks. My robe would certianly have gone up in flames if I had not been rolling to fast to keep the sparks from burning.

Suddenly I dropped off into nothing. With a yell I hurtled through empty space, until a struck heathery grass, and all the wind was knocked out of my body. I lay perfectly still trying to force myself to breathe. But it hurt so bad. Then something heavy crashed down only inches from where I lay. Then I heard Jupiter cursing.
“Are we alive?” I squeaked, as everything went black, and I knew no more.

Farewell for now,
Zeus

Sproutling, 9, Year of the Blue Moon

Greetings Book,
First I lost you, then I was sick, then you were returned a mess, but finally a month later, I am able to continue my narrative. The Sea World has been flooded. Now the Humans and Titans are at war with the Sea People. Some Minnow Farmers found me in Blood Valley and took me away to their village. Jupiter hates humans and hid. He has been watching from the forest. When the ground open and gushed out the floods and skies released oceans of water, I went with the farmers into the mountains. Not having the customary greenish tint of the Sea People, the farmers think me simply another human. They will not kill me yet. But if they knew the truth I would be dead in an hour.

The mountains were full of refugees. When the floods are low, the wretched people forage for food, but with no warning at all, the waters will rise and the people must flee or be drowned. Nereus and the Sea People have been blamed. The people are calling on Cronus to save them from Nereus. Sacrifices have been offered and Nyad was spitted over a fire. I thought I was going to be ill. If only I could find Metis. I fear she may have been spitted by another colony of refugees.

I do not stay with the farmers because I owe them my life, but because there is nowhere to go. So I must stay and do my share. My job is to help with the children. Mostly we keep them on the mountaintops, but sometimes the waters will pour down in floods and wash them away. So many children were already lost. I have to be ready at a moments notice to wisk five small children to another safer pinnicale. I was not alone though. A woman called Deianira was my companion. She was probably some five years older then me, but shorter by nearly a foot. Her skin was much darker then mine, and her hair was black. She wore a woolen veil over her head at all times.

The youngest child in our care was hardly more then two or three years of age. His name was Paris and he was everyone's favorite. Deianira was always holding him and cuddling him. According to her, Paris had the most adorable chubby cheeks, the most divine curls, and the sweetest smile. Not to mention his large brown eyes could melt the hardest of hearts. I think she was wrong. It did not melt Odysseus's heart. But more on that later.

Menelaus was about six years of age. He was the second youngest. He had a mischevious streak in him. He liked to make both Deianira and myself panic. He would vanish for the longest time, until we were both sure he had drowned. By the time we finally gave up the search and returned to our camp, he was snickering and waiting for us. He adored little Paris, who was the only person he would not play tricks on. He liked to brag about what he was going to do in the future. He wanted to be a king. He said he would make Paris is prince and Deianira his princess.

Achilles was about ten. He was tall and slender with long silky blond hair. He carried two knives everywhere and could whip them out of his belt while doing a sumersault. I personally thought he would be able to protect the others far better then I could. It was embarrassing, but the child was certianly raised on weapons and fighting skills, while I never even held a sword. When it came to fighting I would be even more useless then Paris. Achilles was the only member of the group not to like Paris.
“A boy with hair like that is destined for a rather crushing end.” he would say loftilly when asked why he pushed the smaller boy.
“And why would you say that?” Deianira asked gently. 
“Because my father always told me, that curls were for weaklings and girls.” Achilles sniffed. I wanted to laugh, but I did not. He could be right. My hair would curl when the air turned humid. Was I a weakling?

Persephone, was a few years older then Achilles. She had thick red curls and always had a smile on her face. Everyone loved her. She was always dancing. If the land was covered with water, she would dance in the water. I guessed she had Nymph blood in her, but kept my thoughts to myself. I did not want anyone knowing that I had connections to the non-humans. At least not yet. Persephone had a voice like music and she was the only one who could sing away the fears of the other children. All of the boys worshiped her.

Last of all came Odysseus. He was about Persephone's age, but seemed older. He had dark curly hair. He would run his fingers through every morning to hide the curls, but they always came back. But he was no weakling. He was braver then the others. When the robbers tried to attack us, he was the first to leap in defence of the others. He would be a fine warrior if he survived the floodings. But he had sworn upon his honor to destroy Nereus and save the world. How could I tell the over enthusiastic boy that the Sea King was the only father-figure in my life. Odysseus would probably kill me too.

Farewel for now,
Zeus

Sproutling, 15, Year of the Blue Moon

Greetings Book,
I was brutely awakened when Menelaus leaped onto my stomach. I sat up with a loud gasp. I glared at the small boy.
“Zeus, wake up.” he cried, “Come see. Do you think we are under attack?” I pushed him off me and stood up, but he clung to my arm and tugged at my sleeve, “Can I fight?” he pleeded. I looked around and saw the others standing on the peek. I ran to join them. Deianira was holding Paris. Persephone was clinging to her, no longer dancing. Odysseus was armed with a stout stick. Menelaus was looking at me.

I looked about to see what they were staring at. Then my heart sank. It was the Titans. In their yellow armor, riding giraffes, they were pouring out of the mountains.
“What are they?” Odysseus demanded, “And what have they done to their horses?” I glanced at him sideways. He obviously had Titan blood in his veins. 
“Those are beasts of the other world.” Menelaus gasped, “I have seen mythcal beasts with my own eyes.”
“Those are giraffes.” I snorted, “Nothing mythical about them.”
“And how would a poor minnow farmer know that?” Deianira asked quietly. I did not reply. As far as all the other refugees knew, I was one of the farmers that rescued me.

Suddenly, the bushes exploded and Jupiter burst into the open. Persephone and Paris screamed. Achilles drew his knives and dropped to a crouch. Menelaus froze.
“Back, back!” Odysseus yelled and strode forward waving his stick threatingly. I grabbed him by the collor and yanked him backwards.
“What are you doing, here?” I demanded.
“Wait, you know this creature?” Deianira demanded.
“The Titans have gathered together for revenge.” Jupiter rumbled, “If the two powers of the world are at each other's throats, there will be no one to stop the full scale destruction by the Star Scum.” I grasped at my hair.
“What do I do?” I moaned. Of course the answer was simple. I would have to warn the Sea People. They had my loyalty, not the Titans. I shuddered, imaging doing battle with Hera. She would reduce me to a completely wretched state. She could defeat me with a flick of her fingers.

“If you want my opinion,” Delphi sniffed as she steppped out of thin air, “Follow your heart, but use your head. Unfortunately, I am of the opinion that you have no head.” I glared at her.
“Would you stop ruining my life?” I yelled.
“I ruined your life?” Jupiter gasped, looking offended, “That is harsh! I thought I saved your life.”
“What no!” I cried, “Her!” I gestured helplessly at Delphi. But I was already fairly certain that no one could see her. They probably could not hear her either.
“There is no one there.” Jupiter said slowly.

“Alright children.” Deianira said coolly, “Start backing away.” I groaned. Now they thought I was mad. Well, I was mad, but not in that way.
“To late!” Odysseus said proudly, “All we can do is sell our lives!” I whirled. The Titans had cut us off from behind. More were riding up in front of us. We were cought in the center. I glared at Delphi.
“Any helpful hints now?” I demanded.
“Kill them all!” Jupiter said.
“Killing is what will be your downfall.” the Oracle said and vanished. So much for her help. 

The ground rumbled under the hooves of the giraffes as they leaped up the mountainside. The younger children gathered closer to Deianira. I moved in front of them.
“Jupiter, watch their backs!” I barked.
“Excuse me?” the minotaur snarled, “I am supposed to be watching your back.”
“Well, now you are watching their backs!” I retorted.
“Do you have any idea what the wrath of the Titans is like?” he snapped, “They might spare the peasants if they grovel, but they will kill us. They know you at least belong to the sea-”
“Shut up!” I screamed. But it was to late. 
“The what?” Odysseus yelled, “You are a seaman? You traitor!” he leaped at me. A barely had time to fling myself out of the way before he hurtled past. Jupiter lunged forward and caught him, just in time. He would have slid right under the hooves of the Giraffes. I sat up bitterly, now we were caught in the circle of Titans. I cursed wildly. I was such a failure. If only I had never left the Sea.

The leader of the Titans leaped off his stead and took off his mask. I grimaced. It was Argus. I got to my feet slowly and advoided looking at any of my companions.
“Shall I bite his head off, Zeus?” Jupiter asked grimly. I was tempted to say yes.
“So Zeus, we found you at last.” Argus grunted, “You led us on a merry dance.” I raised one eyebrow.
“Did you plan on me dying in the mountain?” I asked, “How did you know I escaped?”
“Well Delphi-”
“Yes, yes, the Oracle told you!” I growled, “She was here a second ago.”
“Was not!” Achilles protested in a whisper. Argus glared at the little boy.
“You annoying little twerp!” he snarled, “Would you like me to ring your neck?”
“It won't work, I am invulnerable.” the boy said with a smug look. I turned and gaped at him.
“Do you know what invulnerable means?” Odysseus asked, “Because I highly doubt it.”
“No, my mother dipped me into some river and she said it made me invulnerable and I would never die!” Achilles responded. 
“By the great horn.” Argus said, “Now that there is a child worth keeping.” So lucky Achilles would be spared. But what about the others.

“You know,” a voice whispered in my ear, I sighed and turned to face Delphi, “If you kill Paris now, war will be everted in the future.”
“You want me to kill a baby?” I yelled. Once more everyone was staring at me. I groaned. I really hated the Oracle.
“Don't touch him!” Deianira cried as she clung to Paris, “Stay away from us!”
“Actually if you kill them all a lot of trouble will be stopped.” Delphi insisted. 
“Do you think we will actually survive this moment?” I snapped, “Except maybe Achilles.”
“Achilles will die by the hand of one the people in this very group.” Delphi prophecied, “Your brother will marry Persephone and her mother will punish the world, unless she dies now.”
“I do not have a brother.” I protested weakly, “Please go away, you are making me into an idiot!”

“Oh great Oracle.” a familiar female voice cried, I groaned, and turned to face Hera. She was climbing off her Giraffe. There was no answer from Delphi. 
“Well, answer the princess.” I said sullenly.
“Fool!” Hera sneered, “You cannot command the Oracle, she will either speak or not speak.” I glowered.
“Speak Titan.” Delphi said. Deianira and the children screamed, as the voice spoke. Well they could obviously hear her now.
“Advise us on the fate of Zeus.” Hera said coolly, “I demand his blood. But will except your advice.” Judging by the Oracle's advice in the past, she probably would happily commend my death.

“Beware the fate of the Sea World.” Delphi hissed, “Beware the future of your people. The Star People will fall and the palace will shatter. The Lords of Olympus will rise in battle. When a mother brings home her child. The sword of thunder will return to battle. Dust will scatter. Take the boy's life or seel your own fate princess.”
“Is my fate in danger?” Hera demanded.
“If Zeus dies so do you.” Delphi whispered, “But not the death of mortality, but the death of your heart, and you will become a treacherous tyrant like Cronus.” the Oracle vanished.
“Am I not already a tyrant and a beast?” Hera screamed.
“Better not kill Zeus then.” Jupiter rumbled, “You would become a rival of Cronus and the world would suffer.”
“Arg!” Hera screamed and hurled her bow down the mountainside.

“Titans,” I said coutiously, I still found it hard to believe that the Oracle had saved my life. Hera turned and glared at me, “Princess,” I continued nervously, “Cronus wants the Sea People and the Titans locked together in mortal combat. The best way to start his downfall is to band together. Let us call a truce and hold a parely.” 
“Not until Nereus calls back the floods!” Hera said sullenly.
“Nereus never sent the floods!” I shouted, “I have known him my whole life, “He hates sufferings and would never delibertly cause the sufferings of another.” I hesitated, then added, “But if someone told him about the floods he could call them back. Although I am not sure if he is actually more powerful then Cronus, when it comes to water.”
“So take us to your precious king.” Hera spat.
“I am supposed to be protecting them.” I said with a helpless gesture at the children. Hera turned towards the other Titans.
“Grab the human brats. To see Nereus we need Goldielocks. Unfortunately he will not leave without the brats.” she shouted.
“We do not need your protection, traitor!” Deianira snapped at me. I sighed. What a mess I had made of everything.

Farewell for now,
Zeus

To Be Continued

No comments:

Post a Comment