Saturday, October 5, 2019

My top 5 favorite Mentors (mine)

+
+JMJ+

Another post in the "my favorite" series.

I don't usually like the mentors as much as other characters, so I'm only doing five.

Merlin
From: The Pendragon Saga
Quote: “Foolish mortal, do you realize we are the only persons standing between you and death?” the voice growled. 
“Yet you are afraid of us?” Merlin mocked. 
~Sword of Camelot

(Art by TH)
Blackjack
From: The Adventures of a Pirate
(well technically he's not really a mentor, doesn't make it into the books that much, because I can't let my hero be happy, but he's still a favorite)
Quote: I am not ashamed of being the son of one either, but I might be ashamed if my father was a pirate!
(Ben says this before he discovers his father is a pirate)
~The Black Horizon

Mr. Smith
From: Thunder in the Academy
Quote: Frederick at Home
“Master Dulzer, please take a moment to inspect your uniform.” Mr. Smith said as he poured a generous amount of syrup on his waffles. Mr. Smith always had two waffles, no butter, lots of syrup, and three slices of bacon for breakfast. 
~Thunder in the Academy

Nightshade
From: The Pirate's Apprentice
Quote: “I must be crazy!” Enna screeched, “Takin' up with Nightshade! Bad luck!” 
“I believe I shall take that as a compliment.” Nightshade said with a grin.
~The Pirate's Chest

Honstino
From: The Shadow Warriors
Quote: “Excuse me!” Louis said politely. While Honstino lost his temper and begin to shove and kick people out of his way. 
“Out of my way you dirty rotten flea bittin' varmints.” he roared “If you dinna get your rotting hides out of my path I will turn you into a pin cushion, for the ladies up in the castle to use when they embroider there curtains.”
“Tapestries, not curtains.” Louis muttered, his face bright red.
“Tapestries then! I dinna give a hoot either way.” Honstino bellowed.
~The Dark Lord

~The Author

2 comments:

  1. Your mentors all sound interesting. :) Merlin sounds awesome! :D
    I have two mentors in two different stories, one is a sorceress named Ariel, and the other is a fairy named Silverling.
    And I have a possible (and unwilling) character who could end up being a mentor, but I feel like would end up being the worst possible mentor ever, even if the main character learned from them, I feel like they would come out being scarred in some terrible way from having been taught by this mentor.
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo I love to hear about other peoples characters and their stories. Well, Merlin, Mr. Smith and Nightshade are the kind of mentors that scar heroes. :D Sometimes those kind of mentors can be really fun, but not sure what kind of role modals they are. :D Merlin is one of my favorite characters. He was so fun to write, that is until I got to book three, then he changed.

      Delete