Saturday, August 31, 2019

My top 10 favorite Heroes (mine)

+
+JMJ+
This is difficult. This also has no real affect on my top favorite stories. It's a lot of the sidekicks I like better then the heroes. I probably forgot some character I really, really like. Oh well.

#1
Benjamin Raswel
From: "Adventures of a Pirate"
Quote: “And I am not ashamed of being the son of a blacksmith either, but I might be ashamed if my father was a pirate!”

Scene: I tried to push the tentacle away from myself. The kraken did not even seem to notice that I was there. Slowly, I reached down and slid the Spanish Dagger out of its sheath. I slid the black steel under one of the massive scales and up into the flesh. Somewhere below me, a terrible screaming cry, that left  bones aching and my teeth chattering filled air. I was ejected into the air. The tentacle jerked away, taking the dagger with it. I screamed in terror as I shot downwards. I am about to die! Not hanged, but smashed to paste on the deck of a ship! Thump! I landed on something soft, which let out a strangled grunt.

I scrambled to my feet and was dismayed to find that I had flattened the general himself! So much for not drawing attention to myself.
“Wha- what happened?” he croaked. I felt bruised and sore, but thanks to him, I was alive. I decided the appropriate thing to do was help him to his feet. A loud cracking sound made me change my mind. I hurled myself away as the foremast began to fall. One of the Kraken's massive tentacles had it in a firm grip and was trying to rip it down. Water sprayed on board temporarily blinding me. The ship shook as several cannons went off. I fell sprawling.
~The Black Horizon

#2
Arthur Pendragon
From: "Pendragon Saga"
Quote: “I am called Arthur no name, I have traveled from Cornbridge and before that much further, I just want to know why everyone laughs at you?” 

Scene: Suddenly the door banged open and Caleb burst in. Morgan raised one eyebrow and looked at Merlin.
“Is this normal in your life?” she asked.
“Mister Crystal? James? Gwen? Ar-” Caleb shrieked, then voice died away.
“You want something?” Merlin asked.
“Er- w-why are you all still eating?” Caleb stammered.
“Never mind that!” Morgan barked, “And get on with your important news!”
“Um-well have you seen the sky?” Caleb murmured.
“Are you feeling feverish?” Gwen demanded anxiously, “As Madame Velna proposed to your father? Did that snap your mind?”
“To much camomile tea, if you ask me.” Morgan said.
“It must be those vegetables he eats.” Merlin said as he shook his head.
“Of course we have seen the sky.” James said quietly, “Now I suggest you run home and get some rest.”
“He does not look ill to me!” Elaine argued. Caleb's shoulders sagged.
“Liam bet a whole chicken that you had seen it. I lost, now I have to give Dogral to him!” he said miserably.
“You can not do that!” Arthur cried as he jumped to his feet and rushed to the window.
“Who is Dogral?” Elaine asked.
“An immortal rooster!” James laughed.
“Literally nothing can kill it!” Gwen added.
“We tried to drown it.” James interrupted.
“Failure!” Gwen piped up.
“Why are you we talking about roosters?” Morgan demanded, “With futures like yours all you can talk about is roosters?”

“Especially, since the sky is on fire with fire of dragons!” Arthur said dryly, “By all means, keep talking about roosters.”
~Sword of Camelot

#3
Sky Heavenview
From: "Sky and Companions"
Quote: “But that does not explain why we are sneaking in! If it is alright we would be walking in.”

Scene: “I am going to pin you!” Daisy shrieked. And she jumped on the table then leaped at Sky, her dagger raised for the kill. Sky grabbed a poker in one hand, and Strawberry's hand in the other. Then she jumped clear of Daisy's deadly dagger. “Think you can play games with me?” Daisy shrieked. Sky pushed Strawberry towards Dill.
“Stay clear of the wicked lady!” Sky whispered, then she whirled to parry a blow from Daisy's dagger.
“Stop dodging me!” Daisy yelled.
“Why would someone stop running, just so someone else can kill them?” Sky screamed.
~Dangerous Sky

#4
Taylor Mordrock
From: "Life is Short"
Quote: “You do not need to use already copyrighted words. There is hundreds of words to use as expressions. You do not need to make up new meanings for old words.”

Scene: Taylor ran the vacuum through the living room in a straight line. He had been vacuuming the same place for an hour already, but by the absent look in his eyes anyone could tell that his mind was not on his work. The TV was on mute, on a youtube channel doing the comparison of the pink and blue hatter marches. The front door opened and Mrs. Mordrock came in, she plumped a bag of groceries on a stool, then turned towards Taylor. Her eyes widened.
“Taylor Mordrock?” she yelled, “Are you still doing that rug?” Taylor looked up, then looked down, then turned the vacuum off.
~Life is Short

#5
James son of Jasper
From: "The Beast's Diary"
Quote: I love gold!
I love satin cloaks!
I love my food!
But you are just as good too!
I rank you just below the gold!
You of course wish to be queen!
You shall be my queen!

Scene: Today begins my punishment for insulting the fairy. I was quite a handsome fellow before the curse. Not that I am not sort of still handsome now. One would think the old hag would have been too blinded by my great splendor to do such a thing. I am very displeased.
~The Beast's Diary

#6
Varek son of Maldirk
From: "Diary of a Thief Prince"
Quote: You see, I am an expert treasure hunter. Thief! Pardon that last bit. Waylan thought he was being funny.

Scene: “Master you have summoned me!” the monster boomed, “I the genie of the ring am here to grant your first three wishes!” Wishes were always good.
“Get us out of here!” I screamed.
“Uh-uh.” the genie said with a shake of his goatee, “You must say that you wish to escape here, but do try and come up with a destination. There is so much gray area in just getting you out of here. For example would you like me to drop you into the camp of my last master. The one they call Won?”
“No way!” I said and glanced at Pluto.
“EEEEK!” Pluto shrieked.
“I figure that means duh.” the genie said. I figured the same thing.
“I have my wish ready.” I said carefully as I turned back to the genie. He cocked his head.
“Is that so little master?” he asked. I nodded uncomfortably.
~Diary of a Thief Prince

#7
Julia Emerald
From: "Lady Emerald"
Quote: “Ugh! Yer ship is blowing great big holes in my Serpent!”

Scene: “When are ye goin' to capture Miss Emerald, sir?” Will asked. Julia listened carefully.
“As soon as she shows us the cove where the Emerald Serpent moors.” Grimm said, “Before I even alter course, I shall toss her in the brig.”
“Are ye goin' to explain things to Smither?” Will asked.
“Certainly not!” Grimm said angrily, “Iffin he makes trouble, I shall toss him in the brig to!”
“Why don't you like the Lieutenant, Sir?” Will asked cautiously.
“Simple really.” Grimm said bitterly, “Last year during the massacre of pirates, he hung and imprisoned several good friends of mine.”
“But they were all tried and found guilty.” Will protested, “Surely the Lieutenant did make a mistake.”
“He did not, but they were still my friends.” Grimm growled. So Captain Nathaniel Grimm has friends in low places! Julia thought. Useful.
~Lady Emerald

#8
Johnathon Dulzer
From: "The Green Hero"
Quote: “John can turn into animals. My dad saw him do it once. Dad says he's a NYC legend. Do you know the legend about the dragon in NYC?”

Scene: Johnny and Alan found the car. A man in a red suit with a Government badge opened the door for them.
“Do you have any luggage?” he asked dryly. The two boys realized that they had left their luggage at the baggage claim.
“Um- we thought someone was fetching it for us.” Johnny said glibly. The man's eyes narrowed.
“To bad that you forgot it. It certainly has been stolen by now.” Johnny gasped as he remembered his backpack full of movies. All twenty seasons of Triumphs and Failures. The Ten first Pirates of the Caribbean. Rise of the Justice Heroes. Night of the Ninjas. And all twelve versions of The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. On his micromovie remote he had even more.
“My precious.” he moaned.
~The Green Hero

#9
Daniel Grant
From: "Protectors of the Kingdom"
Quote: What are you doing? You want to die? AGAIN? Are you mad?

Scene: Suddenly, the dragon released me and I plummeted through the air. I squeezed my eyes shut, clenched my fists, gritted my teeth, and prepared to hit the ground and be dashed into pieces. So it came as a shock when I hit freezing water. I sank like a stone into the freezing water. Gasping and spluttering I clawed my way to the surface. This has to someones idea of a practical joke. One minute I am burning. The next minute I am freezing.
“Ugh!” I groaned. Going from being burnt alive to freezing to death in ice cold water, was not the most comfortable thing I had experienced. I was nearly blinded by the sun shining upon the water. I flailed around all but panicking. “Help!” I screamed, getting a mouthful of water for my pains.
~Protectors of the Kingdom

#10
Deborah
From: "Courage"
Quote: Great, now he's going to think I am faking, so I don't have to help! Why should I care what he thinks? I don't!

Scene: Debora opened the door and peered into the guard room. Their was only two occupants in the room, a small boy and a young man, both were engrossed in a game of chess. Behind them was a door that was partially open, revealing a flight of steps and daylight. Hanging from one of the walls was a massive bunch of keys. The boy lifted his head and sniffed the air.
“Uncle Matt, what is that smell?” he asked. Debora cringed into the shadows.
“Human filth, young nephew!” Matt said drily, “This whole place stinks of it.”
“But it seems to have gotten stronger.” the boy argued, as he moved a chess piece. Matt shot him a withering look and captured his queen. “Those two new slaves seemed to have decided to stop singing.” the nephew pointed out sullenly.
“Which helps my headache!” was the dry response.
~Courage

That's all for now.

10 comments:

  1. Ooo, I love reading about your characters! I think my favorite character would have to be Taylor Mordrock. . . . :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :) Taylor is an interesting character. :D

      Delete
  2. Loved reading this post!!! So fun! I would love to see you do a post on your top 10 favorite heroes from literature and top 10 favorite heroines! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anna. I do have those posts planned. :D But I'm putting them on my other blog since they are not about my books. I might do something like top 5 favorite heroes from literature and top 5 from movies. I have a whole bunch of "my top favorite" posts in my drafts. :D

      Delete
  3. Your heroes sound really awesome. :) I think Sky Heavenview sounds awesome. :D
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I believe she has the longest series I have written so far. :D

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you. He was my first OYAN hero, so he's special to me. :D

      Delete
  5. And I also like Deborah and Julia they sound so awesome. :D

    ReplyDelete