Sunday, November 5, 2017

The Diary of an Uncharming, part 2

The long awaited part two.

The Diary of an Uncharming Prince
Jerome's Diary

Day 2
This morning the Fairy woke me up when it was still dark out. It must have been midnight. What was she thinking?
Tootles princy boy!” she chirped, “I have a convention at noon! So we must work now!” Is it really that hard just to cancel the lesson or give notice a weak earlier? Besides it was Tuesday. I had sword training on Tuesday, not dancing. I started to protest but she threatened to turn me into a cat. I am smarter then James and Jadan. I know when to shut my mouth. But now I have to do both lessons today. Elise is laughing at me. If she laughs one more time, I am going to do something violent. No one wants to be awakened in the middle of the night and forced to spin around in a circle for the next hour and a half. Besides, the Fairy was just being mean. She did not make Elise get up. When I complained about it, she told me, that my sister needed her beauty sleep! I need my beauty sleep!

Day 3
Hendrick let Elise take a sword lesson. Then Elise invited Ella to do one with her. Now the girls are invading my special private sword fighting lessons. I never get to do anything fun. The one little class I have a little bit of interest has been invaded by rotten girls! It is not fair! I am leaving today, right now! No one here likes me and I do not like anyone!

Day 4
I have proof that I am not as stupid as my brothers. When I left home, I brought, food, a map and a sword. They all had to stop on their quest of getting lost, to find food. The idiots. It will be amazing if I never see them ever again. For once, I feel free.

Day 5
I have officially left the kingdom. Crossing to the mainland was not to much trouble, as their was a tree down. I used it as a bridge and crossed right over the falls where Joseph had once hung by his feet. That is a long story, which I refuse to share. Mostly because I am writing about me, not him! He probably lies one hundred percent of the time, anyway. The mainland is almost exactly the same as the kingdom. How boring is that. All I see is trees and more trees.

Day 6
I hate maps. This one must have been written backwards, upside down and inside out. It got me lost on purpose. Now I have no idea where I am. I do know for certain that the map moved a stream to the other side of the mountain. A balancing rock to the other side of a valley and added a clearing. I swear it. Now I have to untangle this mess. Why is the black rock cave on this side of the purple rocks? What a mess!

Day 7
Blast! I ran out of food. I learned from John that I never eat roots. I guess I will have to ask for directions. I am going to check on the other side of the mountain first, though. I bet I can find food on top of the mountain. If not at least I can get my bearings.

Much Later
I am now on top of a mountain and can see very far away. I see the spirals of Ella Marie's house and the window on my tower bedroom. I do not miss that place at all. I hope I never see it again. I was still staring at what used to be my home, when a fairy appeared out of nowhere. I took it calmly. Once the echoes of my surprised words disappeared and the birds stopped screeching at the sudden shrieks, the fairy approached me. At least she was not thee fairy.
Tut, tut. You need not scream, young man.” she scolded. I glowered at her.
Can an honest man not look for work without any Susan, Rachel and Larry popping out of nowhere?” I yelled. She coked her head.
Work?” she repeated, “Hmm....I heard the Smiths in the house in the spruce woods are hiring.”
On my way!” I yelled. I used that as an excuse to run away from her. One had to be very delicate with fairies. They will turn you into a frog or a monster for no reason at all. I like to think I handled that fairy with great tact.

To be Continued

No comments:

Post a Comment