Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Trip to DC part one

I mentioned earlier in the Christmas post here that Galadriel and I were going to the March for Life in Washington DC as a Christmas present from our parents. Well, we went. It was awesome. Both of us took a bunch of pictures. I can't post all the pictures at once as there are to many, so I'll start with the first two days.

DC part One

Our mom drove us down to Chicago on the 17th as our flight was at 8 in the morning on the 18th. The drive was around 2 and a half hours. We would of had to get up super early. I didn't get any pictures of the hotel. They had an exercise room there, with TV screens on the exercise equipment. It thought it was weird. We spent a long time watching Guy's Grocery Games on TV. It was a cooking contest show and very odd. It reminded me of the cooking contest at the girls' camp.

We let our mom behind at security in O'Hare and worked our way to number C20. I was very worried that we were at the wrong spot and kept checking my ticket to make sure it was the right flight number.

 We had a long wait, and I took a picture of the view on both sides of me.

 This is what I could see out the window.

This was at the other end of the window, that's where our plane is going to park.

 A view from the air. My first plane trip. It was weird.

Galdriel took this picture. I must say the wing gave me the creeps. You could see little flaps lift up on it, and see right through it. It looked like it was falling apart.

 Our complementary snack was called stroopwafel. It was tasty.

 We made it out of Dulles airport easily. This is my first real view of Virginia.

 Waiting for our uncle.

 We made it to Uncle R and Aunt N's house. We didn't do much that day. Here we're saying our Rosary before bed.

 The following day we rode into DC for the March. My first view of the Washington monument. I took lots of pictures of it.

 It was a beautiful day.

 The traffic was terrible.

The monument again.

 That might be the White house. I didn't think I took a picture of it, but I guess I did.




 This is the museum of African History or something like that. We didn't go into it.



People everywhere.

 One of the Smithsonian buildings.

 I wasn't sure if that was a Smithsonian or not but it looked like one of the buildings from Night and the Museum 2.

Lots and lots of buses.



 The buses blocked a lot of the view.

 I can't remember why I took this picture. The thing was neater if you could see the whole thing.

 I tried to get a picture of this really weird thing, but the picture didn't take until the bus was blocking part of the view.

 If you look carefully you can see a Monk in this picture. He looked like a Dominican.

 He reached the other side of the street.

Not sure what that weird art is in front of this Smithsonian.

 I don't remember what this picture was for.

 The building was odd.

 The Capitol.

 Not sure what this was.

 The Marching 100 marching band. They were loud.


 National Mall I think, the sun makes it hard to tell. I didn't know the Smithsonian museums and monuments were called the National Mall.

The March! I have never seen so many people in one spot!

 I wish I got a picture from the other side of this banner.

 The Capitol and one of the wailing signs as Galadriel called them. The signs showed descriptive pictures of aborted babies. One of them had a soundtrack of a wailing baby playing.


 TFP in the background. You can see a lion on one of their red banners.

 I think I heard someone say that was an EWTN person recording the march.


 Approaching TFP, who stood on the side for part of the march.

I like this picture.



 I didn't get a good picture of TFP up close or their Fatima statue. I was afraid if I got to far from my Aunt and Uncle I wouldn't find them.




 My first view of the Supreme Court. I could have lived without seeing it.

In my senior year of highschool I had to write a paper on why the Supreme Court was wrong in the Roe v. Wade case.

 Walking on the back lawn of the Capitol to get back to the parking garage.

 Galdriel on the right. Uncle R with cousin S. TFP banners in the background.

 There is nothing like snagging a picture of someone else taking a picture. I was actually taking a picture of TFP not Galdriel.


 While walking back to the garage, we passed this procession of police. They had been standing along the road during the March.


Uncle R and Aunt N's house. I took it while waiting to drive back to DC the day following the March for Life.

This building was neat it reminded me of the movie Inception. It was really the Eisenhower Executive building.


 On the same Street as the White House, there was a Hockey game going on.


 Approaching the White House.

 The White House. The building in front of it, is a guard house of some kind.

 The sun was to bright.
My thought on Presidency: It must be the most depressing job in the world.

 We sat outside the Museum of American History while we ate lunch. The Line through security was pretty long. 

More of the National Mall.

 Inside the Museum of American History.
I couldn't not take a picture of the writing desk.
Phone, blotter, inkwells and I think there is a pen on there.

 Cannon from the SS Philadelphia. My picture of the entire boat seems to have deleted itself.

 Modal boat.

 I liked this uniform.

 I took this because I wasn't sure if we were going to get to see the real thing. We planned to go that day, but the women's march were having their rally there. Believe me, I had no wish to go to that. The pink hatters were spoiling the scenery with their foul mouthed posters and t-shirts.

"You're not stealing that are you?"

 If you know what movie I'm referencing with these two pictures you get the prize.
Just kidding.

 Solar panel.

View from the second floor. Oh we saw the original American flag on the first floor but weren't allowed to take pictures.

 Someone's carriage.

First lady dresses.



 I didn't like Mrs. Trump's dress so I cropped the picture.


 Galdriel liked Mary Todd Lincoln's dress.

 I liked this one and Hillary Clinton's dress. No I don't like her, but I liked her dress. I didn't take a picture of it though.

Well, I guessed George Washington. My dad said it really depends on who you ask.

 Chess Pippin!

 Doll houses Eleanor.

Outside of a doll house.

They had protest exhibit. Yep this was in the museum of American History. 

This thing was super weird. It was like a giant smart phone. The size of a person. You stood on the purple circle and hovered your hands over the buttons. You could pick out a period costume then get your selfie put inside the costume. There were two of these right next to each other. One of them turned your head sideways. 


To Be Continued....

18 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting! I thoroughly enjoyed every picture. What an experience!

    God bless!

    Emma
    Gloria-In-Excelsis-Deo-blog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome and thank you. It was an amazing experience.

      God Bless you.

      Delete
  2. Great pictures! Can't wait to hear all about it. Now I wish I could go to the march for life it looks so cool.

    ~Claire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'll probably have a lot to say on Friday. :D The March is awesome, but it's hard to keep track of anyone because there are so many people.

      Delete
  3. I know that movie it's 'National treasure'



    P.M.P.h

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course it would be one of my siblings that got that. :D

      Delete
    2. did it cost 35$? it did in 'National treasure'

      [of course it didn't]

      ~P.M.P.H~
      *****

      Delete
    3. No! It came out to $3.12 with tax.
      I don't think it cost $35 in the movie. That's way to expensive.

      Delete
    4. It was a lot bigger

      joe

      Delete
  4. It looks like you had a wonderful time, Eowyn! I love all the pictures!

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you had fun, Eowyn! Next year I'm coming along ;) Although I think the most optimal thing would be for us not too need the March anymore! Nothing wrong with a little wishful thinking :)

    -Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be awesome if you could come too. I was also thinking that I would prefer not to go by airplane again. :D But if only we didn't need to have the March.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. No, I had to pay for it. Ben Gates did too. Remember?

      Delete
  7. why can't you take a picture of the flag
    that is not fair who came up with that weird idea


    P.M.P.H~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Actually it's not weird. It over two hundred years old, and it has to be kept in a dark place so the light won't fade it or something like that.

    ReplyDelete