Saturday, July 7, 2018

Character Interview: Caleb Dagonet

+JMJ+

I used to make a handwritten newspaper for my family, which I haven't done in a long, and one of the things I had in it, were character interviews. I decided to start posting one weekly. I certainly have enough characters. :D

~ ♠ ~

My first character Interview will be with Caleb Dagonet.


Interview

Me: Good morning Caleb, would you mind sharing a few words with me?
Caleb: *Terrified look* N-no p-please!
Me: Thank you.
Caleb: Uh-?
Me: Do you have any siblings, Caleb?
Caleb: *Smiles* Yes.
Me: How many?
Caleb: Er- nine.
Me: I beat you, I have eleven.
Caleb: *deflated* Oh.
Me: How many brothers do you have?
Caleb: *Nervously* Um- Calvin, Reginald, Percy, Jamie and Willy.
Me: *eyes glaze over* Um- that's six, no um five. *This is math people, don't expect me to do it*
Caleb: I- I guess, I never counted them.
Me: *brightens up* Isn't Math awful?
Caleb: Wh-what's math?
Me: You don't want to know.
Caleb: Um- alright.
Me: So what did you do before becoming one of the Knights Round?
Caleb: Took care of my brothers and sisters.
Me: What were your parents doing?
Caleb: My da was blacksmith. My mother is dead.
Me: Oh, I'm sorry.
Caleb: *unhappily* If you were you- you would not have murdered her!
Me: But I didn't murder her! She was dead before I even wrote the first book!
Caleb: *Sniffling* See you murdered her!
Me: *unhappily* Now you're making me feel bad. Don't you like your new mother.
Caleb: *Angrily* Madame Velna hates me!
Me: *Thoughtfully* Yeah, she doesn't like many people, does she.
Caleb: She's mean to the little ones.
Me: How old are you now, Caleb?
Caleb: Fourteen I guess, you weren't very particular about my age.
Me: I got it, you were twelve in "Sword of Camelot," thirteen in "The Pendragon Heir," and fourteen in "Key of Avalon."
Caleb: I have to wait a whole year for you to write another book for me to get any older?
Me: I don't believe you ever said anything that long in any of the books!
Caleb: Well?
Me: Ordinary people have to wait a hole year to get older.
Caleb: You still did kill my mother.
Me: Okay, this whole thing was a bad idea. All my characters are going to do is complain about how poorly I've treated them.
Caleb: Are you going to kill me too?
Me: Well you were alive in "A Ranger's Quest," so you do survive for at least eighteen more years.
Caleb: Oh good.
Me: But Arthur survives that long and he is still on the dying list.
Caleb: :(



God Bless You all,
~E

6 comments:

  1. Nice interview! I love Caleb! And so true about that dying list. Just when you think a character will survive . . . BAM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad I can't meet some of my characters in real life. They would really punish me. :D I'm glad you like Caleb. He's one of my favorites.

      Delete
  2. This interview was great Emily!! It was so entertaining and fun to read! You should do more of these. I can't wait until the next one!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Anna. I was hoping to do one a week. So hopefully I'll have another one really soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Exactly! He doesn't suffer as much as some of my other characters though.

      Delete