Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Cinderella play Act 3, scene 2

 Cinderella's pirate costume

John's pirate costume

 Scene 2
Second ball scene. Everyone is pirate style. The queen is already sitting in her throne. The king is standing in the corner trying to hide. Master Won is inspecting some decorations. Elise is peeking out the door.

Elise: (Excited) They are coming, they are coming! (Horn blasts. Master Won hurries to station himself by the door. A group of baleful looking boys come stomping in)
Queen: (To king) Where is John?
Jerome: (Loudly) Hiding!
Queen: (To Jerome) Well tell him to get in here right now!
King: (Mournfully) I do not blame him!
Jerome: (Runs out of the room yelling) John? Johnny? Get in here now or mother'll bust you!
John: (Offstage) I'm coming!
King: (Sighs) Poor John.
Queen: (frowning) Behave yourself! Now get over here right now! (Gestures at the other throne. King slinks over to it. Girl #1 comes sweeping into the room and hands her card to Master Won)
Master Won: (Grandly) Announcing the return of her royal highness the queen Air-i-veil- um- however you say the rest of it!
Girl #1: Air-i-veil-rill-lis-dir-e-bull.
Master Won: Yeah, that. (Girl #1 swaggers up to the throne and bows)
Elise: (Under her breath) Ew! (Makes a face)
Girl #1: My pleasure to be back! (John comes charging into the room, and slides to a stop next to the throne, making a partial bow)
John: (Out of breath) Sorry, I'm late. My hat gave me trouble! (He spins he tricorn hat around on his head. He can't figure out how it is supposed to go)
Queen: Tsk, tsk! (Gets up and adjusts his hat)
Girl #1: (Sweetly) I hope I am not intruding.
Queen: (Quickly) Of course not, dear. (Looks at John) John, why don't you take the estimable queen for the first dance.
Girl #1: It's Air-i-veil-rill-lis-dir-e-bull.
King: (Grabs his head) I would rather die then have a daughter-in-law with a bull in her name! (Queen elbows him in the ribs) Ouch!
John: (Sighs) May I have this dance Air-a-
Girl #1: It's Air-i-veil-
King: (Angrily) Never mind, just dance! (Girl #1 grabs John's arms and drags him onto the floor, then proceeds to swing dance with him. Jerome comes trotting back into the room with a pile of blocks. He starts to build a tower) That's my boy!
Queen: (Furious) Jerome, you put those blocks away right now, or you will live to regret it!
Jerome: (starts throwing them back into the box) Okay, okay! (Girl #2 and #3 come charging into the room, fighting for the front row)
Master Won: Announcing her grandness Princess Celenia of the Northern Shores and her equal grandness Princess Hilda of Flagrin.
Girl #3: What is is that hussy doing? (Points at girl #1 and John. Girl #1 is jerking John around in a dance that doesn't have any rhythm and is completely wrong)
John: Ouch, you stepped on my foot!
Girl #1: (Scoffs) Man up, will you!
John: Ugh!
Girl #2: Yahoo highness? (Starts towards the dancing couple)
Elise: (yelling) John, look out for Princess Yahoo tootles!
Queen: (Scolding voice) Hush! (Boys #2 and #3 rush out onto the floor and grab girls #2 and #3 before they can reach John)
John: (sighs with relief) Phew! (Lady Miranda and her two daughters enter)
Master Won: Announcing her ladyship, the grand Lady Miranda and her two adorable daughters- (Stares at card) Well- A-hem, the most cleverest of all clever beauties, the Lady Blanche.
Blanche: (Giggles) That is me.
Master Won: (Pained voice) And the most beauteous of beautiful clever people, the Lady Hazel!
Hazel: (Loudly) That would be me everyone! ME!
John: ugh! (He finishes his dance with Girl #1 and staggers away. Hazel corners him.
Hazel: You ready for that dance you promised?
John: (Warily) I promised you a dance?
Hazel: Sure did honey!
John: (Groaning) If you will excuse me, I believe I will get a drink first. (Hurries off. Hazel turns to the audience)
Hazel: Wow! His highness is an idiot! He fell for my little plot! And what's more, he doesn't remember coming to my house! That's good, because that would be so awkward. (John comes back and takes her hand. They start to awkwardly dance)
Elise: (To Jerome) Come on! (Grabs his hand)
Jerome: What are you doing?
Elise: (Grinning) I don't like miss light up the room with the ugliest of uglies, lets go sabotage that dance!
Jerome: (Grinning) Okay!
Hazel: (To John) Oh highness, we dance so divinly together. Do you not just feel as if we are connected.
John: (Nods) I do feel that, my lady!
Hazel: (Giggles) Oh how exciting!
John: (Seriously) But it's mostly because your foot keeps connecting with my foot, and I cannot move without dragging you-
Hazel: (Angry) Oh your highness, how cruel! (Starts to sniffle)
Elise: (To Jerome) Come on! (Spins him around, so they are right behind John and Hazel)
Lady Miranda: (To Master Won) I must hear their conversation!
Master Won: (Extends his arm) Nothing simpler! (They waltz to the other side of John and Hazel)
Hazel: (Cheesy smile) But you did feel a connection!
Elise and Jerome: Huh? (Lean closer)
Lady Miranda: Oh joy! (Leans closer)
Master Won: (Frowns) I would have preferred him to take up with your other daughter.
Lady Miranda: Well, Hazel is better then nothing!
John: (To Hazel) Yes, I suppose you could say that.
Hazel: Ooooo!
John: (Looks pained) Well, um- you do brighten up the room!
Lady Miranda: (Happy) He likes her!
Master Won: Well- I'm not sure about that)
Elise: Oh no I think he likes her!
Jerome: Lets sab-o-tote them!
Elise: Sabotage!
Jerome: Yeah! (Unnoticed by everyone, Cinderella enters. She looks around, sees John dancing with Hazel and shuffles to the back wall looking sad. Queen notices her. She gets up and go's over to her)
Queen: Good morning, my dear.
Cinderella: (Without looking up) Good morning.
Queen: You danced with my son yesterday.
Cinderella: (Looks up and gasps) Oh your majesty! (Curtsies)
Queen: (Curtsies back) Did you enjoy the last ball my dear?
Cinderella: Oh yes, your majesty. Your son is a real nice young man.
Queen: (Proudly) I know! He is the future of our kingdom!
Cinderella: That girl he is dancing with now-
Queen: (Disgusted) Don't speak to me about that horrible looking creature!
Cinderella: (Smiles slightly) Do you have a bride picked out for him.
Queen: (Happily) Of course, the princess Shelwona of Iske. There is a whole list in her favor. She is the sole owner of the diamond mines. She is a princess. She is witty. She is charming. She is beautiful!
Cinderella: (Forcing a smile) Where is she?
Queen: (Looks around) Um- (Girl #4 enters the room, looking down her nose at everyone.” There she is. (Cinderella's eyes bulge)
Girl #4: Someone announce me, now!
Master Won: (Still dancing) Princess Shel-something or other from the desert Iske!
Girl #4: Ugh! (Stamps her feet)
Queen: I believe I just changed my mind.
Elise: (To Jerome) Ready?
Jerome: Ready! (Which ever one is taller, grabs the other, and spins them into John and Hazel)
Hazel: (Screams and tries to clutch at John, he ducks away) Oh mercy me!
Jerome: Sorry!
Elise: So sorry! (John slinks over to his mother then sees Cinderella. He smiles at her)
John: Mother, have you met Lady Cinderella?
Queen: We were just getting acquainted. (Looks at Cinderella) What an odd name, is there a story behind it?
Cinderella: Of course not- I mean of course. (Looks flustered)
John: We haven't finished our chess game, want to finish it?
Queen: (Confused) Chess?
John: If you will excuse us mother? (Takes Cinderella's arm and the two of them walk off stage. Jerome and Elise tiptoe after them. Curtains close. John and Cinderella come out in front of the curtain. John takes out the chess game)
Cinderella: Where were we?
John: (Thinks) Let me see, I moved your bishop twice and your rookie once since you left.
Cinderella: Lets just start over!
John: Good idea. (They start setting up the chess board. Jerome and Elise peer onto the stage)
Elise: I think he likes her.
Jerome: What about the girl in the woods.
Elise: But she isn't a princess.
Jerome: Neither is this one.
Elise: Oh right. (Elise leans closer and accidentally falls flat on her face)
Cinderella: Oh my.
John: Hello Elise.
Elise: (Standing up) Can I play?
John: Chess? It's a two person game.
Jerome: (Running in) Lets play tag. (Hits John on the shoulder) You're it! (Runs off)
John: (Looks at Cinderella) Want to play tag?
Cinderella: Alright.

Elise: Yay! John's it!

No comments:

Post a Comment