Thursday, October 19, 2017

Cinderella play, act 3, scene 3

John's Peacock theme costume

Cinderella's Peacock theme costume.

 Scene Three
Third ball scene. Everything is bright peacock colors. King is pacing in a circle. Queen is sitting in her chair. Master Won is standing by the door. Boys and girls are walking about. (Girl #1 enters)

Master Won: Good afternoon Queen Air-a-nevermind.
Girl #1: The same to you! (Flounces over to the men)
Queen: (To king) Where are the children.
King: Probably far away.
Queen: What?
King: Never mind. (Girl #2 enters)
Master Won: Princess Celenia, what a pleasure to see you again.
Girl #2: (Sticks her nose in the air) Peasants.
Master Won: (Frowning) I do beg your humble pardon.
Girl #2: Excuse me. (Flounces off. Jerome bounces in)
Master Won: Presenting his highness, Prince Jerome.
Girls: What? Where? Another prince? Ooo, how exciting. Wait a minute. Is that the baby? Yes it is. UGH! How cruel.
Jerome: (Sticks his nose in the air) You are all beneath me. (Swaggers over to his parents)
Queen: Where have you been?
Jerome: Around.
King: Really?
Jerome: (Seriously) Yes, father. (Girl #3 enters)
Master Won: Afternoon Princess Hilda. (She flashes an ax at him) What? Are you still carrying those monstrosities around?
Girl #3: Yes! (Stamps into a corner)
Jerome: (Loudly) Oh look, that one is still carrying an ax. (Elise enters with John. John is sneezing and pressing a handkerchief to his face)
Master Won: Announcing the Prince John and his sister the beautiful princess Elise.
Elise: (Smugly) That is me.
John: (Frowning) Hush. Ah- (claps hand over his face) choo!
Master Won: Bless you.
John: Thank you. (John and Elise go up to the throne and bow to their parents. Cinderella enters)
Master Won: Announcing Lady Cinderella. (Girl #4 shoves past them) Oh and Shelwon of Iske too.
Girl #4: Princess Shelwona!
Master Won: Of course.
Jerome: (Loudly) Hi Cinderella. (Waves) Wanna play leapfrog.
Queen: (clutches her chest) Merciful dragons!
King: Haha. (Turns his laugh into an awkward cough)
Cinderella: (Walks up to the thrones) Hello, Jerome. (Curtsies to the king and queen) Your majesties. (John sneezes again)
Queen: Are you ill?
John: No, I'm allergic to peacocks.
Queen: (Frowning) Nonsense.
Elise: No lets not play leapfrog.
Queen: (Turns to Jerome) This is a ball Jerome, we dance.
Jerome: (Whining) But there are no balls. Why can't there be balls? Why do people have to dance?
Queen: (Scolding) Hush, Jerome. (Looks at Elise) I am glad you realize this is no place for leapfrog, my dear.
King: (Snorts) As your mother said, Elise.
Elise: I want to play tag. (Grins)
Queen: (Shrieks) No!
Cinderella: Lets line dance. (Excited)
King: What?
Queen: But-? (John sneezes)
All: Bless you.
John: Thank you. (Fairy flounces in)
Master Won: Announcing- (Stares) this person.
Fairy: Ahem. (Master Won squirms)
Elise: Mother, it's my fairy Godmother.
Queen: I know.
John: Oh her. (Sneezes again)
Cinderella: (To John) Bless you. (to Elise) She is my fairy Godmother too.
Elise: Awesome! We're Godsisters. (Starts dancing around excitedly. Fairy flounces up to the throne)
Fairy: I came to dance. Why is there no dancing?
King: Well-
Queen: We were just about to start a dance.
John: A line dance. (Sneezes)
Fairy: (Squeals) Oh chickies, I love line dances! Oh awesome dragons and stuff! Allow me. (Runs off stage, then runs back on with a broom) Everyone line up.
King: I got a bad feeling.
Queen: Shh!
King: But fairies are scary.
Queen: I know now hush! Remember James?
King: But he didn't stay a beast forever.
Queen: And Jadan.
King: I'm sure he enjoyed being a frog.
Queen: (Looks at John) She might turn him into a peacock.
King: Horrible!
Fairy: Boys on this side, and girls on this side. (Girls line up on stage left. Boys line up stage right) Your majesties, please join us.
King: No!
Queen: (Grabs his hand) Come on. (Stepmother and stepsisters enter)
Master Won: (Really fast) Lady Miranda and her two pretty daughters. Get in line.
Lady Miranda: WHAT?
Hazel: Ooo. (Falls in line)
John: (To Cinderella) Shall we?
Cinderella: (Smiles) Alright. (The royal family joins the line. Music starts. The broom dance begins. The Fairy starts in the Middle. Boys #1 and #2 go on either side of her. Fairy looks at them, then hands the broom to boy #1, and dances down with boy #2 Boy #1 looks sad. Girls #1 and #2 go on either side of them. He selects girl #2. So the dance continues. Feel free to make it interesting. Elise makes it to the middle, John and Boy #3 are on either side of the broom. Elise gives John the broom)
Girls: Lucky brat. Cruel. His own ball. She should be ashamed of herself.
Boys: Ah. Beautiful. Splendid. I think I love that princess. She is so sweet. Did you see his face.
John: (Sneezes) Oh no! (Hazel and Blanche get on either side of him)
Hazel: My sweet Prince.
Blanche: Don't look at her.
Hazel: Yes, please do. (John grabs their arms, and shoves the broom into both their hands. Then he runs down the isle.) NOOOOOOOO!
Blanche: Oh how cruel!
Jerome: Beautiful!
Girl #3: What a charming prince. (John leaves the room, dropping all peacock feathers on the way.)
Fairy: My goodness duckies, I believe your prince is allergic to brooms.
Elise: Probably.
Boys: (Sarcastically) Delicate. So cute. Makes me feel sorry for him. How sweet.
Girls: The poor darling. Oh dear. Will he make me sick. If he cuts off his nose, he won't have to sneeze. (Cinderella looks sadly after John. Curtains close. John comes out on stage front and sits down)
John: Why do I feel like my life just got complicated? (Slouches against the wall) Or far more complicated. PEACOCKS? REALLY? (Cinderella comes out)
Cinderella: Mind if I join you?
John: No. (Looks down at the ground)
Cinderella: Are you allergic to peacocks?
John: (Looks up) Er- yes.
Cinderella: (Pulls a feather out of her hair) Should I leave?
John: (Sneezes) Probably. (Laughs)
Cinderella: Excuse me. (Exits. Then reenters without the feathers)
John: Thank you, my lady.
Cinderella: It's just plain Cinderella.
John: (Stares at her) You remind me of someone.
Cinderella: (Nervously) Uh- really- hew hew, can't imagine why.
John: (Frowning) Are your shoes made of glass?
Cinderella: Yes. (Takes one off and shows it to John. He takes it)
John: They look uncomfortable.
Cinderella: They weren't as bad as I thought they would be. (Bell starts tolling) Oh no. Goodbye John.
John: Wait.
Cinderella: No time. (Runs off stage)
John: Come back. (runs after her) You forgot your shoe. Cinderella? Come back. Your shoe. (Exit)


9 comments:

  1. When are we going to practice?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um... who am I talking too?

      Practice schedule so far

      After ll:00 Mass at St. Norberts.
      During the Girls break at FFF.
      After Father's talk Friday's on the weeks he has one.

      I'm trying to make it as easy for everyone as possible.

      Delete
    2. It is actually a secret (my name)Ha ha

      Delete
    3. Okay! But I'll find out! :D

      Delete
  2. Oh ok just nice to know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course I have to actually email the parents and potential actors first. But I think those would be the best times.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I guessed as much!
      Now you are kind of freaking me out!

      Delete
    2. Will we get a shorter game night then (If we practice)?

      Delete