Monday, April 22, 2019

DoTP Part 6, Verek's Diary

+
+JMJ+

Diary of a Thief Prince
Part Six

Day Thirty of my Future Plans, Being the Ninth of the Planting Season
The merchants were in a hurry and traveled through the night. But the sun was already high in the sky when I burst into the palace. I went through the kitchen. The four cooks stared at me as if I were a ghost. I probably looked as bad as one. I ran through the palace in search of Won. I was still armed with my cleaver. I knew what I would use it for. Won would pay for his wickedness. If I could I would have sent him straight back to that other World. Maybe they liked him there.

Won was seated on the Sultan's throne. Poor Melchior was waving a peacock fan over the traitor's head. I believe Won took great pleasure in humiliating the Sultan's family. I stepped into the room. Two guards immediately crossed their spears in front of me. I knocked the spears aside with my cleaver.
“Verek!” Jasmine cried. She was on her hands and knees scrubbing the floor with a stone to make it shine. But her poor hands were bleeding. 
“Won!” I yelled, “You have no right to-”
“Genie.” Won said with a yawn, “Please remove this-” Pluto leaped onto Won's face and bit him. My uncle's command turned into a yell. The Genie appeared and laughed at him.

Won flung Pluto to the floor and drew his sword, ready to kill my poor monkey friend. I hurled the cleaver. Won's sword was severed in two. He looked astonished, but now I was weaponless. 
“Verek!” Jasper, cried as he appeared at the second level balcony. He threw me a saber. I caught it. Then Jasper somersaulted over the edge and ran at Won.
“Not again!” Won snapped, “Genie restrain him now, or you will-” The genie sighed and put one hand in front of Jasper. The prince continued to run, but his feet kept sliding backwards and he made no headway. 
“Leave him alone!” Jasmine screamed, as she started to stand up. Blanche came up behind her and flung her back down.
“It is time your idiot brother was executed!” she snarled, “I am tired of his rescue attempts!” So Jasper had tried to save his father and Jasmine. Good for him!

“Genie punish the girl!” Won said with a sneering grin at me, “And guards apprehend the boy.” I scowled. 
“Master be serious!” the Genie said, “How can I hold the prince back if I am punishing the girl?” Since the Genie could easily do this, I grinned. Won turned and stared at the Genie with a startled look on his face. Pluto leaped onto his back and Melchior struck him with the fan. 
“Get him!” someone shouted from behind me. The four cooks leading the rest of the servants pounced on the guards. I darted forward. The Genie turned and Jasper slid right through him and crashed into Won. 
“Oops.” the Genie smirked. I slammed into Won from the back and we the three of us crashed to the floor. I groaned. Every bit of me hurt like anything. 
“Guards!” Won yelled. But the guards were to busy dropping their weapons.
“I would rather be cut to bits by the Genie then raise arms against the Sultan again!” one of them shouted.

“Verek!” Jasmine cried. I got off Won and yanked him to his feet. Jasper scrambled up and tied the man's hands together. He struggled wildly, then gave up as the servants and guards approached him angrily. I left them and approached Jasmine.
“I believe this is yours.” Jasmine said. She snatched at sometime tied to Blanche's waist. My aunt shrieked and slipped. The Princess handed me the lamp. I took it. It was rather amazing that this innocent looking lamp had started all the trouble. I dropped it onto the floor and flung my arms around the princess.

“Verek, you may think you won.” Won shouted, “But at least you will not make the wedding!” I whirled. The wedding would be taking place in only a few hours. I swore wildly.
“What wedding?” Jasmine asked.
“Ha! Revenge is sweet!” Won laughed wildly as he was dragged off. The Sultan and Jasper approached me. I rung my hands in despair.
“I have to get home!” I cried, “My triple wedding! I am supposed to be there!”
“Who is getting married?” Jasper asked, as he rubbed his bruised arms.
“My triplets, Waylan, Deborah and myself.” I said. 
“You?” three voices chophouse in surprise.
“Yes at least I was going too.” I sighed wretchedly.
“You do have two wishes left!” the Genie said dryly, as he morphed in front of us. I smacked my head. It was true. I snatched up the lamp.

“Verek,” Jasmine asked softly, “Who are you getting married too?” I looked around. I felt my face heating up. So I had never proposed to her at all. In my defense things were a little busy.
“You, if you will have me.” I muttered. Then Jasmine laughed.
“Now if I get this right, you planned on getting married without even having a bride?” Jasper gaped, “You Glitterarians are weird!” I did not answer because I was to busy with Jasmine. Jasper rolled his eyes. The Genie tapped his fingers impatiently.
“Tick tock, Master Verek!” he said. I reluctantly released Jasmine.
“Genie, I command you to take us all back to my father's palace!” I cried. The Genie cocked his head and smirked.
“Nothing easier!” he said and snapped his fingers. I closed my eyes.

I opened my eyes and found both Deborah and Waylan in their wedding garments staring at me with open mouths.
“Verek?” they gasped.
“Did I make it?” I asked breathlessly.
“The procession starts in five minutes.” Waylan cried, “Did you get a wife?” 
“Yes.” I said.
“Then lets go!” Waylan cried, “We only have two minutes to get to the Alter and wait for the girls.”
“Alright.” I said.
“Clothes?” the Sultan gasped. Deborah grabbed Jasmine's arm.
“Thank your lucky stars you made the wedding and hang the clothes!” she said and dragged Jasmine off. I shrugged and ran after Waylan.

And so, somehow, Jasmine and I were married. My plans worked after all. I would like to say I planned every detail. But I did not. To bad if people were shocked about the way Jasmine and I were dressed for the wedding. At least we managed to find something for our feet. But other then that, I doubt the poorest people in all the Third World were such drab wedding garments as us.

As we were settling down for the feast, I brought out the lamp and rubbed it. Of course everyone started yelling and screaming when the Genie appeared. But my group from the Grimwarian Provence just grinned.
“Genie, I release you!” I said, “That is my last wish!” A slow grin spread over the Genie's face. Then he clapped his hands hard. There was a shower of sparks and he grew into a solid man, much like the last genie.
“Three free wishes for the first three to speak, in honor of the occasion!” he cried. I smiled.

“I wish to be married before the year is over!” Beatrice shrieked as she stood up and waved her hands wildly.
“What?” I gaped.
“I wish that I could spin straw into gold.” my little brother Uli said.
“Now that is just stupid!” I protested. I could not believe that the wishes were being used in so stupid a manner. I had nearly died several times and had used the wishes carefully.
“I wish my future husband to be a King!” Beatrice sighed.
“No!” I yelled. Everyone looked at me. I groaned.
“Ignore them.” Jasmine whispered to me, “What do they know about real pain.” I nodded. 

And so ends my adventures in search of a future wife. I never ended up getting anything for Deborah and Waylan thought. They did claim that my returning in time for the wedding to be married with them was present enough. Oh well.

Signing off with a Flurish,

  Verek of the Glittering Island, Son of Maldirk the First

To Be Continued
With
Diary of a Spinner Prince

Sneak Peak:
Ice cold rain beat down, soaking us in seconds. Blazing hot flames and smoke roared up all around us.
Jump!” father bellowed and gave me a push. The last thing I heard before the ice cold waves crashed over my head was Beatrice screaming that she was being murdered. I sincerely hoped she was.
~Diary of a Spinner Prince

No comments:

Post a Comment