Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Movie book tag

Micaiah @ Notebooks and Novels created this tag not too long ago. As she had left it open for other people to take, I decided to help myself. 

 
Thank the person that tagged you and link back to the original creator (Micaiah @ Notebooks and Novels). 
Answer all eight questions.
Tag at least two other bloggers. 


And now, to the questions! 

1. Books or movies, which are better?
I like books better. I usually read them first before I watch the movie. But two movies I did like better.

"The Princess Bride," 

and 


"Going Postal."

2. What book needs to be made into a movie RIGHT NOW?

"The Ranger's Apprentice," by John Flanagan. I have been hearing they are making a movie for so long now. 


"The Brotherband Chronicles," by John Flanagan. 


"Outlaws of Ravenhurst." by Sister M. Imelda Wallace


"The Homelanders" by Andrew Lavan (It's actually four books)

and lots of others too.

3. What movie adaption of a book has disappointed you the most?
I usually go in expecting the movie to be different, so I'm not big on comparing them. But every time I watch this movie I will complain about this. I loved Duncan in the book, but hated him in the movie. They killed the wrong girl. They put romance between the wrong characters. It's a pretty good movie, although violent. But I'm still mad about Duncan. I can't really compare the book and movie though. I only read the abridged version.

Don't get me wrong, I love this movie, but I was so mad that they took out the scouring of the Shire. I waited so long to watch that bit, that I was really upset when they didn't put it in. 

Well those are the only movies I will usually rant about the changes in it. Well, there was this one "Hound of the Baskerville" movie too, but I won't go into detail. I will also rant a bit about "Prince Caspian."

4. What movie adaption of a book has made you throw confetti and walk away extremely happy?
Well, I'm not sure. Probably either "The Fellowship of the Ring," or

"The Lion and the Witch and the Wardrobe." or


"The Adventures of Tintin"

5. What movie adaption of a book have you seen, but never read the book it's based on?
"True Grit." I don't remember who wrote it.

6. What book have you read, but never seen the movie adaption of?
Nancy Drew. This version looks really wrong. Why can't they get her hair right?

7. If your WIP was turned into a movie, who would play the main character(s)? 
Wow, this is difficult. Let me see, what is my most current work in progress. I guess I have to many, so I'll do the ones I actually have an idea for. Unfortunately all the people that look right that I know of are too old now.

Emiline Migaroo- Sophia Myles (If you would have to knock off 21 years )- Queen of the Black Land


Jadan- Tom Hiddleston- Prince Charming Diaries


Elise- Magdalena Mieclcarz- (If you knock off more then twenty years)- Prince Charming Diaries


Elinta- Anna Popplewel- (You would only have to knock off about ten years now)- Queen of the Black Land

Benjamin Raswel- James Anthony Pearson- (Knock off about twelve years)- Adventures of a Pirate

James Raswel- Aidan Turner (Knock off ten years)- Adventures of a Pirate

Of course Ben Barnes could always place Blackjack, I suppose Aidan Turner could too. James and Blackjack were supposed to look similar anyway- Adventures of a Pirate.

I can't really think of anyone else.

8. When the credits roll after the movie adaption of the WIP you discussed above, what song will be playing? 
Well this is another difficult one.

Well at the very end of all the "Adventures of a Pirate" This is Home from "Prince Caspian" is fitting. The lyrics fit, although I don't really care much for the tune.


Of course this song goes with "Sword of Camelot" even though there are no lyrics.

This one goes with "The Black Horizon" and again, it's not an end credit song.

I guess I don't really have any other at the moment.

I guess that was all the questions. I don't really know who I can tag, since I don't really know many other writing bloggers. Eve @ the bookwromfroghuntinghomschooler since I know she has started at least one story. And Katherine Catherine @ The Rebelling Muse even though I know she already did this. I actually stole the tag from her. :D I also privately tag Emma @ A Rambling Soul.

~E

6 comments:

  1. i like movies better


    Joseph Howard

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading your answers, Eowyn!

    I don't know if I'll do it again or not...my answers probably won't change from the last time I did it, LOL.

    Catherine
    catherinesrebellingmuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Catherine.

      Oh I didn't expect you too. :D I didn't know many other bloggers and even less writer ones.

      Thank you for commenting.

      Delete
  3. I loved this post Eowyn! It was so fun reading your answers, you should do more posts like this!!

    Yes! I agree, "The Homelanders" series should be made in to movies!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna. I have another similar one in my drafts, which hopefully I'll get to soon. :D They are fun to do.

      I think they would make really good movies. Very action packed. :D

      Delete