Friday, July 21, 2017

Prince Charming's Diary, part 4

Prince Charming's Diary
Prince John

Day 11
Ella Marie was waiting for me when I rushed into the clearing today. I had gone straight from horse lessons, so I was still in my white and gold riding outfit. It was an expensive silk one. But luckily for me my horse had thrown me into a mud patch so it was a lot less white then it had been, and little less easy to tell that I was nobility. Just imagine how terrible it would be if Ella Marie found out that I was really a prince. She would probably think I had lied to her all along. I did not mean to deceive her into believing that I was common peasant. But it is to late to change that now.

Ella was carrying two enormous baskets, that were simply stuffed with all manner of food. They were way to heavy for one girl to carry. I took them from her, and very nearly fell over. They were three- no five times as heavy as I had expected. I staggered around a bit, biting my lips to keep from cursing.
“You do not have to carry both.” Ella said quickly. She tried to take both the baskets from me. No man should allow a girl to carry all that weight by herself, especially a prince. I would not let her take the baskets. We played tug-a-war briefly. I won!

After the tug-a-war battle Ella led the way to her house and I limped after her. I discovered that I ached all over before arriving. But I shall attribute that from my sudden plunge off the saddle. Ella's house was almost like a miniature castle. It was white and blue stone, and had light blue banners flying from the many turrets.
“Nice.” I commented.
“Lets use the back door.” she muttered. I was surprised. I have never used the back door before. But it was very interesting to sneak through the back gate, through a garden full of fat orange pumpkins and into the house through the kitchen door. I had never been in a kitchen so I was really excited.
“Nice!” I told her, as a way to convey my excitement. She gave me a really odd look.

The day was so wonderful. I never had so much fun. I believe I would have found it the best day of my life except for two facts. The onions made me cry and Lady Miranda and her two daughters were evil. I was just sweeping the table off with the broom when a tall lady came sweeping into the room. I blinked. She was very tall and really bothered me.
“Who in the blazes are you?” she snarled, “And why do you have that dirty broom on the table?”
“And where is Cinders?” her yellow haired daughter snickered. I stared at them.
“Get out of my house!” Lady Miranda screamed and threw a cat at me. I am allergic to cats! I left. On the way out I bumped into Ella in the yard.
“What happened?” she cried.

“There is a witch inside!” I yelled and streaked for the woods. Afterwords I felt a little ashamed of my conduct. But what can one do with a witch and her two mangy apprentices?

2 comments:

  1. Great post! Looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I did after I finally figured out what I was doing!

      Delete