Friday, July 28, 2017

ICK Camp

So if you have all been wondering what happened to me, well, between no internet and a five day, which happened to be a six day summer camp, I didn't have much time to post anything.

Anyway, I was the counselor for the Brown team. I had eleven girls to take care of, ranging from ten to seventeen. But Teresa, my captain, was really good, so I didn't have to do much.

Here is what I wrote for a diary
I apologize for any misspelled names!

Sunday, July 23
So we have arrived at Girl's camp. My mom, Poppy, Marigold, and Galadriel, helped set up the tent, before departing for home. Since then we have sat doing nothing much. I wrote some in Rosie's birthday book and she and Eleanor colored for a bit. Now Rosie is writing to Claire S and Eleanor is looking around. I have about twenty minutes before going to the counselors meeting. I'm a bit nervous. It's windy and I keep thinking the tent is going to fall over. 

Fifteen Minutes!

It's now actually day two, but I shall finish recounting what happened yesterday.

At six, I went up to the house to look for the counselor meeting. There was no one about, except some people who were clearly not counselors. I asked this girl, people call Fuzzy if she knew where the counselors were meeting. I had the feeling she thought I was dumb not knowing myself! Awkward! I got her on my team! Just what I needed! I girl who thought I didn't know anything! :I Ten to fifteen minutes after six the bell rand and we went up to dinner in the house. I felt like a I shouldn't be in there. We had spaghetti. Afterwards Canon Huberfeld talked to us about what we would do and what we will not do. Apparently being a counselor gives you the privilege of taking a shower in the house. Afterwards, we ripped name tags apart and numbered them, then stuck them in the pouch things with the pin. Then I pinned all my name tags to the bandannas on the water bottles. Once this laborious task was done, I wrote names on the waters bottles. Eleanor put tape over the top of the names to keep them from rubbing off. Then I went to bed.

Monday, July 24
I got up at six thirty. We could sleep in today, because we won't be needed until 11:00. That is if you call 6:30 sleeping in.

7:17 now, so I'm just waiting for the opportune time to fetch breakfast!

Tuesday, July 25
I'm dying!

Thurday, July 27
It's hot! I'm melting.

Friday, July 28
Finally, on the way home! My team won third place at the camp. The Bronze! HOORAY! We also got third in the Olympics! And first in the Flag Wars! This year dark side/European won the flag wars for the first time since they changed it!

My amazing team!
Teresa
JoAnna
Fuzzy
Mureen
Elena
Clare
Isabella
Philomena
Allison
Ana Maria
Anna

Rosie's team won first in Olympics, first in banners, and second in flag wars. She was on stripes.

Eleanor's team won second place in banners.

Some random pictures from camp.
 The campground

 My mom, Galadriel, and Marigold in front of the tent I shared with Rosie and Eleanor.

 My messy sleeping spot! It was cold at night so I wish I brought more blankets, but never learn!

 My team preparing my banner.

 Clare is on this side, JoAnna with the backwards hat and Phil all working on the banner.

 The girls that had nothing to do, scribbled on our plastic throwaway table covers. One of the girls wrote brown team in fancy letters then we all signed our names above it.

 More completed banner.

Putting the banner on a stick.

 Planting the banner.

 Eleanor's gorgeous banner

 Selfies!

 Finished banner! It looked better in real life! But I believe we should have gotten points for the most interesting banner! It's kind of hard to tell, but the men laying on the ground have their heads off and the bishop/St. Denis is holding his head.

 Rosie's gorgeous blue ribbon banner!

 This picture didn't turn out. :(
Well, Abbe Kevin carved this on the first day. Yes, he just sat down and carved it. Then he stuck it on the pull of the "Black Team's" banner.

 The theme this year was Basilicas, so the Abbes and oblate seminarian Raymond made a banner for the soon to be Basilica (their seminary). They were dubbed the black team, and participated in most of the events, much to the amusement of the campers. 
Their silly war cry was 
Leader: "Rose are red, Violets are blue."  
Rest of the group: Black team is better then all of you!

Rosie brought the Rosary home.

 You can kind of see the little statue on the top. They also had a neat stand which I brought home. :D Actually, Rosie, this girl called Beth and myself divided this into three parts.
Rosie: Rosary
Beth: Banner
Myself: stand.

The black team gave the neat statue to a generous camp worker for her birthday. She deserved it as she had the worst job!

 Ana Maria, Isabella and Clare. I think Anna is behind Clare, but I'm not sure. There is someone sitting in front of Isabella. Judging by the sleeve length, I'm guessing Phil.


 Brown Team table during cooking contest. We made it to the desert round before being chopped.

 Purple team presenting one of their courses to the judges. One of the Abbes is wearing the Roman soldier hat. That was his chef hat, of course.

 Brown team waiting to  find out who gets chopped.

The last round was the table setting round. As you can see no one can compete against the Black team. They literally took the Mary statue from the chapel. But then they were being funny. I don't think I have a front view picture. But it was truly impressive.

 Uh-oh! Someone stole the Abbe's chef hat! In the background is Canon Huberfeld in his chef garments. A black chef hat and Darth Vader apron. No, I don't watch Star Wars. Next to him is the other Abbe. I can't spell his name, sorry! Raymond is standing next to the young thief. You can kind of see the fancy table setting.

 I tried to get a picture of the poor judges, but as you can see the easiest thing to see is not what I wanted to take a picture of!

 Free time! My Captain is the one leaning on the other girl. Isabella is their too.

 Teresa is still there, but now Isabella has joined the group and a different girl has left.

 The day, mine and Eleanor's teams had to build the campfire, the fire refused to light. Raymond  is trying his best but it's not really working. The stack ended up falling over.

 I tried to take a picture of my team on the benches, but all you can see is part of Elena's head and some of Clare's shirt, then a bunch of polka dots and a couple reds.

 The design on the water bottles.
 No idea!

 The view from the food tent.

 Alison, Mureen, and Anna.

 Mureen, Anna, and Ana Maria. I'm not sure what the event was.

Heading for home!

I notice I didn't get any pictures of the events! Oops!

God Bless you all
~E

2 comments:

  1. It looked like a lot of fun! Seeing the pictures makes me want to be there :) The 'black team' cracked me up. Were they just all the priests?

    -Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you were there! Yes, the "Black Team" was the best. I think there were three Canons, three Abbes and one Seminarian oblate. (He was discerning the Preisthood)

      Here's the google definition for abbe

      (in France) an abbot or other cleric.
      "the abbé was his confessor"

      Delete