Saturday, April 22, 2017

The Diary of a Frog Prince Part 3

This will be a really short part. I have to go to a piano recital soon and might not have time to write any more later, but I want to post a part every day until I finish.

A Frog Prince's Diary
Jaden's diary

Day 14
In spite of what I had promised myself I decided to return to the palace today. At least I could figure out which one of my brothers was coming to visit. I decided that it was Joseph because John would have to be dragged by mother. He has never liked the idea of going courting.

When I arrived at the palace, I found Elaine in the garden looking very bored, and totally ignoring Joseph. Yes, it was Joseph. A pity I wasn't getting money for betting on the right person. The king was talking to my brother, but shooting nasty glances at Elaine, every now an then. I wondered why I wasn't angry that she dared not like my brother. In fact I felt rather pleased. Probably just because Elaine wasn't suitable enough for my brother. I decided to speak to him. I hopped onto the top of a small garden statue of an elf queen.
“Good afternoon, Prince Joseph.” I said. His eyes bulged, and he stared at me, and started to stutter.
“W-wh-what?” was all he seemed to be able to get out.
“My dear young prince, allow me to introduce the frog, a friend of my daughter.” the king said evenly. I noticed he sounded a little irritated, but I didn't care.
“But your a frog.” Joseph gulped.
“A magical frog.” the king said. I shrugged. Joseph had obviously recognized me, and was asking me what happened.

Suddenly the princess moved between Joseph and I. Such rudeness. She took his arm and turned her back on me. More rudeness.
“Your highness.” she said in a gushing voice, “Please, allow me to show you the rose paths.” she led him off. He glanced over his shoulder at me, a pleading look on his face. He obviously didn't want to go with her.

When night finally arrived, I was still waiting in the garden. Joseph escaped the princess, and came to find me.
“What in the name of wonders have you done to yourself?” he snarled, “Justin said you got turned into a toad...”
“Frog!” I hissed, “And Justin is a traitor!” He shrugged.
“Whatever!” he snapped, “It's also come to our attention that James spent a hundred days as beast.”
“He was already a beast!” I replied.
“And a fairy told Justin that he was the only one who could wake Princess Eleanor from eternal sleep!” he continued, “Now mother is trying to make me court this bratty princess! I don't want to marry her! I don't want to marry a princess!”
“Quite right, she is spoiled rotten!” I said. Then I told him about being turned into a frog and rescuing the ball. Joseph had the wrong reaction entirely.
“Why we make Elaine kiss you, which will turn you back into a man, then she can marry you and I'm free.” he cried gleefully.
“What?” I gaped. How dare he suggest something like that! Disgusting! I totally loved the plan.
“Lets start with a banquet.” he said.


To Be Continued

No comments:

Post a Comment