Wednesday, April 26, 2017

The Diary of a Frog Prince part 6

A Frog Prince's Diary
Jaden's diary

Day 28
I finally found where the guards were holding Jerome, but it is to late to rescue him. The king has sent him to prison. I only saw my poor brother as the guards were dragging him out of the storage room. It is so frustrating to be stuck in the weak puny shape of a frog and unable to do a thing to help the wretched boy.

Day 29
I was tossed out of the palace today. A servant came, picked me up by the hind legs and tossed me into the woods. Repulsive and rude behavior. I wonder if Jerome ratted on me? I probably should have confessed awhile ago. I really am a selfish beast. I can never go home. Mother would die if she saw that I was a frog, and even if she didn't she would get a severe heart attack. Hearing about Jerome will totally finish her. So I will stay at this well and pretend to be a real frog.

Day 30
Yesterday I spent so long convincing myself that the only thing to do was mope for the rest of my life at the well, but now I see that it really is selfish. My family deserves to know where I am. As for Jerome, father could probably get him out, and mother of course could hush up the scandal. The only thing that worries me is that I don't want my mother telling Elaine or her father that I'm really a prince. Why am I even worried about these things? Now that I'm a frog, I could just hop away and live a life a freedom. I could, couldn't I?

Day 31
I'm still moping at the well. I have to do something, or I shall go quite mad. But am beginning to understand Elaine. I considered her selfish, but that is only natural for a princess and only child, with no mother. But what is my excuse? I am just as selfish, but I got several brothers, a sister, loving parents- although I'm a frog now- I still had an ideal family, yet I am just as selfish as poor Elaine. I believe I owe her an apology. Instead of being an example of unselfishness, I tried to force her to be nice. Besides I owe it to Jerome. So I guess I will have to confess the whole thing to Elaine and her father, including the part about the fairy transforming me. Humiliating but necessary.

Day 32
I finally worked up enough nerve to return to the palace today. But disaster! I arrived just in time to run into a crowd of visitors. Men in strange armor with loud voices. I left. There is no sense in speaking to them if they are to busy to listen. How disappointing.

The rotten soldiers seem to be following me. They are tramping all over the woods, shouting. I wish they would say something else.
“Princess?”
“Oh Princess?” Wait a minute, are they calling for Elaine? Is she missing? What's going on? Why doesn't anyone ever tell frogs anything? It's most annoying.

To Be Continued

No comments:

Post a Comment