Thursday, April 20, 2017

The Frog Prince's Diary part 1

I know I started posting "The Sword of Camelot" on here, but it takes so long to edit (partially because I don't like doing it) so I'm going to post this much shorter story.

A Frog Prince's Diary
Jaden's diary

Day 1
I just discovered that my stupid lazy little brother, Justin has not written in his new diary yet. Can you believe it? He has had it for a whole month and not done a thing with it. Well I soon set him strait. As for my diary, I got it today for my birthday and you better believe I wrote in it right away. My name is Jaden and I am twenty-four years old as of today. The twins Justin and James are twenty-two. The next set of twins, Joseph and John are nineteen. My youngest brother, Jerome is seventeen. Elise is sixteen. All of my siblings are lazy and conceited, I like to keep them straightened out. But most of them are to stuck up to listen to me. Mother has more faith in me then in the others. She says I may choose my own bride, but she will find brides for my other brothers and groom for Elise. On Saturday, we go to the castle of King Ronald. Mother plans on having Justin marry his sweet daughter Eleanor. But Justin is to stupid to figure out her plans.

Well, I went walking in the garden to enjoy the cool afternoon air, when I saw Elise's fairy godmother. Now everyone knows that if you catch a fairy, you will be granted three wishes. So I sneaked up on her and grabbed her by the wings.
“Unhand me prince Jaden!” she scolded. She must have took me for a fool.
“First grant me three wishes!” I ordered.
“You greedy, selfish, bossy young man!” she snarled, “How dare you demand that of me!” How dare she talk to me like that. I noticed Justin staring at me from the garden door. There was something like a smirk on his face. Then the fairy suddenly seemed to grow.
“What is this?” I demanded coldly, “You can't cheat me out of my three wishes!”
“Jaden you are a frog until you can learn the meaning of true love, and a girl agrees to brake the spell by kissing you!” I stared at her in surprise. When I tried to back away from her and found myself hopping. That cursed fairy had indeed transformed me into a miserably blotchy frog!

Day 2
I slept in the garden last night. Justin shut the door in my face and I did not seem to be able to open the door. I shall certainly thrash my treacherous brother within an inch of his life, once I become a man again. The garden was gloomy. I never realized how stupid it is to have so many gardeners. They stomped all over the place and kicked me about while trimming the hedges. Disrespectful! When I tried to explain, a nasty croaking noise came out. So there was only one thing to do, go into the woods and look for a peaceful place to rest. After all I know the woods like the back of my hand.

Day 3
Apparently I don't know my hand very well. Probably because it has turned into a webbed monstrosity. I have been wandering all over this miserable cold wet forest unable to find away out. I am starving, but I refuse to eat flies. I will not admit that they are beginning to look tasty. The sun was somewhere in the middle of the sky, which means that it was definitely lunchtime, when I found what looked like a puddle. But with my vast knowledge I knew that it was actually a well. If you looked carefully, you can see the stones lining the outside. The rude and cruel sun had dried up all the dew so I was melting and my skin was beginning to crack for lack of water. I jumped right in. The well was probably abandoned, no one lived around here, so I wasn't disturbing anyone's drinking water.

Day 4
I was relaxing on a comfortable slab of bark in the well, when there was a splash. Someone was chucking stones at me. The nerve! I jumped out of the water and hid under a pile of wet leaves. There was a juicy fat slug, which I quickly gulped, with a flick of my tongue. It was delicious. Then now that my stomach was full I turned to face my tormentor. I was a bit surprised to find that it was a young girl. I want to say she is about Jerome's age. She had long curly reddish hair, a pale face and big hazel eyes. She was wearing a long dark green gown with light gold and silver trimmings. All in all, she was beautiful. I was still admiring her, when she pitched another boulder at me, but was hardly more then a pebble in her long slender fingers. My admiration for her was immediately extinguished. She was a cruel brat. What kind of person threw stones at helpless creatures. I hopped further into the woods to wait for her to leave. I would not try and make her acquaintance.

Day 5
The beautiful brat was back again today. This time I remained hidden. I wasn't going to speak to her or give her the chance to throw more rocks at me. This time she had a small golden ball. I could tell that it was made of real gold. But judging by the way she tossed it about, I decided that it was hollow. Cheep if you ask me. Still it was interesting to watch her. All my brother would have made fun of me if I watched a girl like this back home. Maybe being a frog has its uses.

Day 6
I was waiting for her and not disappointed when she came back. She had her ball with her again. But I wish she would drop it into the well, because she only pays attention to it. I wonder what mother would think of her. She is clearly rich. Some high born lady. I was still wishing that she would drop the ball, when she did. It fell right into the well and sank like a stone. The splash was very satisfying. Her tantrum was not. She stomped around kicking at everything and screaming. When I made the mistake of coming out to offer condolences she tried to stomp on me. Ungrateful wretch! You better believe I left her to her tantrum.

Day 7
I had a very enjoyable time watching all the soldiers and servants trying to rescue the ball from the well. It was very satisfying when none of them were able to retrieve it. After hours and hours of attempting to rescue the silly toy, the knights and servants went off and left the girl crying. Crying over a toy. Disgusting! Not even Elise would do a thing like that! In spite of my disgust, I hopped out of my hiding place and onto a rock in front of the girl. Then with a great effort I cleared my throat. My new natural instinct was to croak but I forced myself to speak the common tongue.
“I could fetch your little ball for you.” I offered politely. I really can't stand seeing someone cry, especially a lady.
“You're a frog!” she shrieked ungratefully.
“So what?” I snapped, “I can still fetch your baby toy!”
“Then get it you disgusting rodent!” she snarled. Such manners!
“There is a big difference between my species and rodents!” I told her frigidly.
“Fine you miserable pick toad!” she screamed, “Now fetch my ball at once!”
“No!” I said and hopped off, “You can say please first!”
“Come back, toad!” she howled.
“I'm a frog!” I croaked and hurried away, pleased that I was able to punish her.

Day 8
I was awakened this morning by the sound of the girl's voice. She was calling for me. I felt rather pleased.
“Frog, oh froggy, I want to speak to you!” she called. I tossed aside my leaf blanket and hopped out to see her.
“You called?” I said with an elaborate bow. Her lips curled up in a sneer. I grinned.
“I want you to get my ball back.” she snapped.
“Say please.” I retorted.
“What do you want?” she said ignoring my request, “I am willing to pay.” I was about to shake my head, when the idea of a delicious dinner on a table struck my fancy.
“Take me home with you and let me eat at your table.” I said.

“Deal!” she cried, so quickly that I felt suspicious. In spite of my misgivings, I dived into the cool refreshing water. The further down I went the darker it got. But after blinking a few times, I realized that I could see quite well. Being a frog definitely had its good side. I found her ball in the mud at the bottom of the well. Believe me I lugged that thing to the top of the well, and it was a whole lot of work. It must have weighed a ton to a poor frog like me. What I wouldn't do for something good to eat. Unfortunately, when I reached the top of the well, the girl reached down, grabbed the well, dropped a rock on my head and ran off. I was furious! Such a spoiled ill-mannered brat, definitely needed a good old fashioned switching. I was going to speak to her parents about it too. Just as soon as I found them.

To Be Continued

2 comments:

  1. This was great! Post the next part soon. I love these diaries :)

    ~Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm planning on posting some every day (hopefully) but there is sixty parts so it should take awhile.

      ~E

      Delete