Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Old drawings part 1

I was cleaning out my desk and I found tons of old drawings. I'm going to post some of them. Hopefully my artwork has improved. Expect more soon.



 A scene for "The Burning City." Prequel to "The Red Lion" books.
Let me see if I remember who everyone is.
Precantes, with whoever he married. Expecto holding the starstole, his sister (Who I forgot the name of) at his feet. Patrono in the cage.

 Elizabeth-Rose from "Cabin Boy." After her family was killed in a fire, she disguised herself as a boy and became a cabin boy.

 A scene from "The Red Lion, the King's Assassin." Ecclecio is about to shoot the assassin. The other thing is a Nodymiun.

 Old cover for "Attic Secret." Bartholomew and Jacinta exploring the attic.

 Really old cover for "The Burning City." Unfortunately when I scanned the picture on the other side of the page showed up.
The three boys are Patrono, Expecto and Pracantes. I don't remember who anyone else is.

 The old cover for "Clues."
Edmund Peacock is the boy with the magnifying glass.
Top row: Col. Mustard, Mrs. Peacock, Mr. Green, Mrs. White, Pro. Plum, Miss Scarlet.
Bottom Row: Mr. Silver, Emily Silver, Maria Silver, Andrew Silver, Peter Peacock, Susan White, Lucy White
Yes this is based on the board game.

 Miss Peacock in the conservatory with the revolver.
(No she was not the murder)

I think this was also from "Cabin Boy." Elizabeth-Rose is the standing person. Sandy is the sitting boy. I don't remember who the man is. 

 The original cover for "The Dark Lord." Book one of "The Shadow Warriors." On the cover is a Shadow Warrior in a cloak, and an evil shadow creature peeking out from behind a tree.

 An old terrible self-portrait.

 A hideous cover for "Emily of Trinity Acres." Mary is the girl with the braid. Emily is the other girl.

 A newer cover for "The City" book one of the "Firestone. (The book is now called, "Cities of Fire."
From right to left: Malie, Mala, Aren, Elthia, Lethia, and a Guide.

 The original cover. (I suppose I could have cut it, so only the people were on there.)
From right to left: Black cloaked one (think Shadow warrior), Arendir, Rainor, Malie, Elthia, Mala, Aren, Guide, Yolanda.
Top right corner: Baron Smerit. Bottom left: placing the shield. Bottom right: the kidnapping. (There was this poor kid/Arendir who was kidnapped twice while still a baby. The second time by his own father)

 Old cover for "The Red Lion, The King's Assassin."
Top: Precantes and Expecto, the two suspects.
Bottom: Arthur, Vilkra, Ecclesio, Venturus, Ecclesia, and Factus (I think).
Do you notice that their names are all Latin words?

I was drawing pictures for my "Dragon-Slayer trilogy." This is the only one that is not totally hideous. It's for book two. I won't say what the words say, because that is not how the story ended up going. Robert is the boy with the boy. I'm not sure who the girl is, probably Elizabeth.

 (I'm now on my third cover for this book)
Book two of "The Adventures of a Pirate."
This scene is when Ben and gang have just rescued James from the gallows. Now they are defending themselves. Juliana is lying on the ground shooting. (out of a bent pipe, which is supposed to be a pistol.) James is protecting Annette. Ben is the other person.

 I haven't the faintest idea what this is from. I kind of think maybe "Misgard" but if it is, I'm not sure why the boy is carrying that thingy, or why the girl is crying. I really got to reread some of my old books.

This one is definitely "Misgard."
From right to Left: Dalin, Elamund, Thor, Sif, and Freya. 
Yes, this was orginially based off Norse Mythology.

~E

No comments:

Post a Comment