Saturday, June 17, 2017

The Diary of a Not So Charming Prince, part 12

The Diary of a Not So Charming Prince
Prince Joseph's diary

Day 26
Dear flabbergasted me,
I planned on heading back to the tower today, but something happened, and I could not. I mean I could have, but I did not, because it would have been rude and insensitive. I had to stay, no matter how ugly, red, bald and wrinkly she was. Wait, I think I am getting ahead of myself, I forgot to tell you what I was talking about. Well, anyway, Belle had a baby! An ugly baby! A really ugly baby! She looks exactly like, how one would imagine a peasant baby to look like. It is not hard to guess that her mother is only a merchant's daughter.

I was feeling much better today, so mother said I could leave my chamber at look at my niece. She was born in the night so I missed that too. I tell you, I took one look at that hideous child and nearly died!
Oh James I am so sorry.” Jerome told our older brother, as he patted him on the arm.
Isn't she beautiful?” James murmured. I stared at him. He hated anything ugly. John twirled his finger in a circle by his ear. Justin and I nodded emphatically. James was clearly in denial.
She is so adorable!” Elise cooed.
Elise, do not encourage our nutty brother!” Jerome cried.
Maybe Elise finds her adorable because she is a girl instead of a boy.” John suggested.
Boys, how can you be so insensitive?” Elise barked, and kicked Justin.
Ouch!” he yelped. My sisters-in-law turned and frowned at us.

“Who wants to take the first turn holding her?” James asked proudly, as he picked up the creature and carried it towards us. There was a mad scramble towards the door as we all tried to escape the horrible creature.
Sorry, got to dash.” Jaden gasped, “I have a counsel meeting.”
That was canceled.” father protested, but Jaden was gone.
I have to meet a- a person.” Justin gasped, “Very important, James, I will touch the little thing later.” he rushed after Jaden. John and Jerome did not even make an excuse. I shrugged.
Really? No one?” James asked looking surprised, “What about you Joseph?”
I might break her!” I yelped and slipped out the door.
Joseph the prince who had his narrowest escape yet
Day 27
Dear me,
I have been spending nearly two whole days avoiding James. I have discovered my worst fear. Do you want to hear it? Sure you do! It is listening to a new father rant about his gorgeous beautiful daughter, when you know she is anything but gorgeous and beautiful! Justin puts up with it the most. I suppose because James is his twin brother. Jaden is very good at pretending to listen, but actually changing the subject. Elise and mama talk about the creature nonstop! It is so killing me. Anyway, I am going to go back to the tower tomorrow, I do not care how insensitive it is. This time I am bringing a sword. I will be ready to fight off robbers, terrifying cabbage selling mothers and evil sharp tongued sisters.
Joseph the handsome
Day 28
Dear relieved me,
Thorn, and I are back at the tower. I wish Polo was with me, but he is still missing. Anyway, I went up to the tower.
Rapunzel?” I shouted, “Are you there?” she appeared in the window. I was relieved. She looked alright.
Joseph?” she cried. She had never sounded so sweet.
Can I come up?” I asked, then thought to add, “Please?” She hesitated for a minute, then nodded.
Let me lower my hair.” she said.

Once I was up in the tower, Rapunzel flung her arms around me, and started crying. I awkwardly patted her hair.
I thought you died.” she cried.
Your cabbage mother cannot get the best of me!” I said with a smirk. But I was pleased that she had been upset. She stepped back. I felt rather disappointed, I think I like hugs.
You must leave!” she cried. I felt my eyes bulging.
Why?” I demanded.
If you stay here, mama Gascony will kill us both!” she gasped. My eyes narrowed to thin slits.
I will leave, but only if you come with me.” I told her sharply. She lifted the hem of her dress. Some low down sneak of a swine had put an iron ring around her ankle. A chain was attached to it, the other end was attached to an iron ring in the wall.
Blast!” was all I could say. She grabbed my arm.
If you brought a file maybe I could free myself, then we could escape.” she cried.
At once, fair lady!” I told her, then hastily climbed down her hair. Tomorrow, when I come back, I shall leave the file with her, soon she will be free, then I can rescue her.
Joseph the jubilant prince

No comments:

Post a Comment